Going crazy!

LynAnne

Mum to 2 Boys
Reaction score
I feel like I'm going absolutely crazy with the want to have a baby. Today I was talking to my parents about Christmas and how I wish there were little children in my day to day life and my mum gave me a knowing look. Whilst I've never spoken to her about having children she knows how much of a big kid my DH can be so it's not surprising that she's worked out that I'm waiting on him being ready.

I really hope that this time next year I can be having my first Christmas as a mum. Or at the very least almost be a mum! This waiting malarkey is killing me - especially with no known date to start TTC.

Please tell me I'm not alone!

You really aren't alone LynAnne, I am exactly the same! I always go on to my mum about when I have a baby etc. but we are very close and she knows full well it's a matter of waiting for DH. She knows everything about it and when I would like to try. I often phone her up and ask her things about it lol the other day we had a conversation about baby's bedroom layout lol I just want to be pregnant!!

Hi LynAnne and MummyKP!!
You ladies are definitely not alone! I too am in the WTT phase. I'm waiting to upgrade my bf to DH. (we are planning a wedding for March 2015) I have always wanted to tackle that before having babies. (just a personal preference) I am waiting for a proposal and that seems to be the only thing holding us back. I hate that he has this power now, but he knows what I want and he loves me, so I'm hoping the magical time frame in my head work in my favor. His family is more than supportive of my wishes and is helping to put the pressure on him. lol.
My plans for TTC would start Mid March, Early April in hopes to have a baby in 2015. Here's to hoping it's coming for all of us! :)

CSteele0084 I hope he pops the question soon, I remember being in that boat wanting so desperately for the day he proposes! We got married just over 8 weeks ago and hoping to TTC in the new year (if I can get DH on my side!) It's bad how much us ladies want it!! Lol. Keep us posted on the wedding front :)

Thanks, MummyKP! I will keep you all posted :)

rsherwood, I feel the same way! I live about an 8 hour drive from my family. My siblings all have children, each has a son, and my future DH's brother has a son now too. So, I have 4 nephews, but only see the one here on a regular basis. Kids make the holidays. That's for sure. I can't wait to start traditions and pass down my mom's sugar cookie recipe.

With 4 nephews, I am hoping for girls, and hoping to be blessed with twins. :)

Me and DH have been speaking about Christmas traditions we will start when we have a family. It is so exciting. Hoping next Christmas will be very different for us :) eeeek!!

Mummy, I have the very same hopes! I think 2015 will be good to all of us!

Fingers crossed for us all :) keep us posted :)

Current situation:
1. Doctor put me on Metformin to help with weight loss. Nasty stuff. I've been taking it for a couple days, and I get why they prescribe it for weight loss. I've visited the bathroom far more than is comfortable. :(
2. I'm down 18 lbs since January :)
3.Trying to find a way to get my parents and siblings in town in March for a ceremony, but waiting for a proposal.
4. TTC to come March 2015.

hi girls, its definitely harder wtt at Christmas because children really make Christmas more fun and its so magical for them. hopefully 2015 will be all our year even be pregnant next Christmas will be good. so whats everyones ttc date?? mine is autumn 2015

We were actually in the exact same situation the very month we ended up ttc (although we just miscarried). For YEARS, hubby was very supportive while every couple months I would break down and cry over how much I wanted kids. We just weren't ready yet. Dh wasn't at that point in his life (even though he is older than me, lol). He just didn't want kids yet. And I wanted a house so I could decorate the nursery and play in the yard and blah blah blah. I was able to survive by reminding myself that my child would have a better life if we felt ready financially and both of us felt emotionally ready for children. Once we finally bought our house and got settled, we were looking forward to a cruise we had booked 9 months earlier (still 5 months off when we moved in). Both of us are scuba certified, so we knew we were going to do some diving on the cruise and ttc was out of the question before the cruise because of that... so I focused my energy on being excited to go diving.

While on that cruise, we were seated at a table with 2 strangers for our nightly dinner: a couple about our age. We became immediate friends and found out they have a 4 year old son. He was the best accident they ever had. They talked a lot about how they weren't "ready" and he was in the restaurant business during her pregnancy and right after their son was born (dh is also a restaurant manager, so we have always worried about the long hours he works once we have a baby). But they talked to us a lot about how they just made it work and they don't regret it at all--even if they didn't feel "ready" when she found out she was pregnant. So dh and I discussed a lot on that trip when we might decide to start ttc, but ended up coming home without ever really making a decision. I believe I owe his changing his mind to us meeting that couple on the cruise. I think he internally redefined "ready" in his mind without realizing it. After no further conversation about children, a week or so after we got back, on a whim I mentioned to dh that I was ovulating and if he felt like "trying to make a baby", we should try. The baby was conceived either that night or the next.

The point of this story (I am very long-winded) is that dh's "not ready for a baby" status can change at any moment. You never know what day might be the day where he will wake up and feel like he is ready to be a father, or meet someone that will cause him to go for it even if he isn't quite sure yet. I still questioned whether or not dh felt ready when I told him I was pregnant after the first try, but when we found out we lost the baby he was beyond devastated and asked the doctor immediately how long we had to wait before trying again. That is the moment I knew he was really ready.

Sometimes they will realize they are ready at the strangest moment or after a completely random event, so you just have to make it until that day comes. Hope it is soon for you, because I totally understand how you feel. I was there myself just a few months ago. But I am now even more excited that we are in that stage of life because we had to wait... and I know our child will be loved and eagerly anticipated by both of us. :)

I had a d&c on Nov. 4, so assuming I get af in December, we will start trying after January AF.

Thanks for sharing your story, kd.

I'm hoping to conceive in March as I would love to have a baby next year. I'll be 30 and I am tired of waiting.

I can totally understand your impatience at 29. I am only 24. I hope you get a sticky bean quickly when you guys start trying!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->