Going for a girl (we have 1 boy already)

mommyhopeful2

Reaction score
Hello, my husband and I are trying for a girl as we already have a boy and we may only have the 1 child together.

I've heard that for some reason the best way to get a girl is to DTD 3-4 days before ovulation, but not the day before or during. Something to do with "slow and steady wins the race."

Unfortunately due to lots of depression and time constraints and irregular cycles, we seem to only really manage to dtd right before or during ovulation.

So my question is: does anyone out there have a daughter after dtd right on or right before ovulation? Is it possible?

I've read a lot about swaying and it seems when you dtd isn't as reliable as it was once thought. Diet is suppose to play a bigger role. Fewer nutrients lead the body to believe it is in starvation mode and more girls are conceived.

If you just Google girl sway diet it will give you several good websites. I know it emphasizes less meat and more processed carbs.

Depends how much you want a specific gender and how in depth you want to go, but people on the in gender forum reported an 82% success rate with extreme gender swaying

https://www.ingender.com/cs/forums/storage/296/1970132/faq-egs.pdf

Diets and doing the deed only on certain days are not proven methods, for every one who claims it worked for them, there is someone it didn't work for. It is decided only by which sperm gets in first, x or y chromosome. . . Unless your hubby only produces sperm with the y chromosome (I've never heard of someone only producing 1, usually it's 50/50 for both genes), you have the same odds of having a girl as a boy. No matter what you ate or when you dtd. Its a 50/50 chance every time.

I do think there's something in the diet for gender swaying. It worked for me with my boy, and when I look at my diet with dd2, it was pretty much gender swaying for a girl diet.
Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->