Going for a growth scan

RaInBoWs

Mum to a beautiful girl
Reaction score
so at 28 weeks bump was measuring 25 weeks and now at 31 weeks bump is measuring 26 weeks, so shes taking after her dad and being lazy, lol, slightly annoyed she only managed to grow 1cm but atleast she grew abit. Im so excited because i get to see her again. Im not worried because it turns out a few people i know measured small and had healthy babies, plus because shes being really active midwife said shes not concern but wanted me to have a scan now just to be on the safe side. All i have to do now is wait for the appointment to come through.

I'm also going for a growth scan, have been booked in for Thursday.
I saw my midwife today and am measuring 28 1/2 cm at 31 weeks. Baby has only grown 1 1/2 cm in the last 3 weeks.

She did say that maybe baby is engaging in my pelvis and might be lower down than she is measuring but wants to do a scan just to check everything is ok.

I was quite worried, not really sure what this means and if there could be problems but you have made me feel better now :) Am glad you have had friends who have measured small and had healthy babys. I didn't really know what to think as have had no experience in this.

Am also really looking forward to seeing baba again. Hope your appointment comes through soon x

I wouldnt worry too much, we are all different and I dont personally see how measuring a bump with a tape measure can give an accurate estimation of the baby's growth, we all carry in different ways.

I'm kind of the opposite of you, at my 28 week appointmet, I measured about 3 weeks ahead, but when I've been for my 32 week scan, she has been spot on to the day of where she should be.. last week though, I saw my GP on the tuesday and I was measuring at 33 weeks but should have been 36, (how, I dont know!) and I went for a scan on the thursday (which had been booked for months due to my bmi) and again, she was measuring spot on for her dates.

But like you say, at least you'll get to see your little one again!!

I have measured small the whole way and have had three scans.

The fundal height measurement is really inaccurate. The baby can position itself weird or drop in your pelvis. Or what I think is more often the case, the health professional just doesn't measure properly.

One measurement had me 4 cm behind, I kept telling her he was just kicking higher, yet when I went for the u/s, a few days later, he was right on average.

The U/S is much more accurate, so pls don't worry, especially if your bundle is moving around.

just had a phone call im book in tomorrow at 3pm and OH is coming as well because he isnt working :) just had a look on google and it says "It may be that you do not carry a lot of fluid around your baby, making you appear smaller even though your baby is the right size. Your height, shape and abdominal muscles can all affect the measurement as well as the fact that babies grow at slightly different rates and are measured against averages. Some babies appear small for a while and then have a growth spurt" i hope this puts some worried minds at rest, we all need to think positively i mean i'd rather push out a small baby, lol.

Ah, thats great your booked in for tomorrow too. Let me know how yours goes.

I am sure its fine, as long as my baby is healthy she can be a small. She will take after my OH who is tiny! and like you say...I'd much rather deliver a smaller baby too :)

I've got a growth scan on Friday so will be intrigued to see what baby is measuring - at 25w my fundal height was 24.5cm so not far off even though I have a tiny tiny bump and I'm skinny. They are giving me growth scans because of my crohns disease as I struggle to keep weight on myself and they want to check baby is managing to get all it needs from my inefficient body. I'm not too worried though I'm feeling feet under ribs and punching in my bladder at same time so I think baby is like me and my DH - very long and skinny :)

Really looking forward to seeing baby again though - it seems ages since the 20 week scan and after this one I'll have to wait until 34 weeks until I see it again :)

just an update on me, had the scan and everything is fine shes measuring bang on date, the reason my bump is measuring small is because shes lying across rather than head down. i was so happy i cried a little, lol

Ah, thats great news Rainbows :happydance:

Mine also went very well, baby is measuring a fine and the lady said she is a little small but looking at the size of me OH that is perfectly ok. Nothing to worry about :thumbup:
She said she weighed 3lb 7oz which sounds good to me!

I also got her to double check she was deffinatly a she as I have been worrying maybe they made a mistake and I'll have a boy who will be dressed in pink (thats all that people have bought us) for his first few months!! And she deffinatly not grown a willy since last scan so thats good :rofl:

haha OMG i done the same thing i asked if she could double check she was a girl, as we just painted the nursery pink and someone said i would laugh if it was a boy, i dont no how much she weighs forgot to ask hopefully because shes bang on measurements she wont be heavier then 7and1/2lb

im glad everything went well for you, not long now and they will be here :)

I know, I just cant wait!!

They printed off a pink form which they added to my Maternity Notes. On it it says the measurments and also the weight. Maybe they did the same for you and you can see the weight on there??

yeah i looked last night and seen her measurements i worked out she weighs about 4lb and 4oz so tiny not sure how much she will grow in the next 8 weeks but dont think she will be bigger than 7 1/2lbs

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->