going for surgery !

butterbaby76

Reaction score
hi
its been some time since i last posted about my missing coil but thats because ive heard nothing at all from the gp or hospital ! i originally went in may to have my coil removed but the threads couldnt be located -now we know the coil is in place but has flipped upside down it took a ward nurse from the hospital to tell me that i am going down to theatre to have it removed, my worry is that yes i know its got to be removed regardless but will it effect my chances of conceiving and what exactly happens ?? nobody seems to want to answer me and i havent been given a date either i fell like im in limbo and im so anxious does any1 know ?? thanx:shrug:

Hi hun I understand that you must be worried, I some times get the feeling that doctors forget that the're treating people :shrug:. Maybe someone on here has had someting similar happen and they can give you some info. :hugs:

ask them to tell you the procedure & i shudnt affect conceiving,
hope everything goes well
:hugs::hug::hugs:

=]

i have asked and i keep bein told that we will cross that bridge when we come to it ive had a massive row on my gp as i told her she was a waste of time the hospital tell me 1 thing then the gp another and like i said no one has even given me a date yet they seem to think that as im not in physical pain that im ok ! but thanx both xx

Hi hun,

So sorry to hear about your awful time at the moment.

Crossing that bridge when you come to it is not answers you need. You need to know if this has happened before and what were the effects after removal.

I would ask for these questions hun. I understand a lot of the time doctors don't have the answers but thoughts and experience is always helpful. Also ask the doctor what the surgery involves and if the surgery itself can cause damage to your uterus or fallopian tubes.

I think that the uterus is a great muscle and can adapt to anything. We all know it can stretch so i am thinking that you should not have any trouble conceiving from this problem but you did need medical reasurance.

They will ask you to wait 3 months after surgery for you body to heal before you try and conceive.

Good luck hun and i hope you get the answers your looking for. xxxx

Ask them and don't let them brush you off. Its called Informed Conscent and they have to tell you. They have to let you make an informed decision. They should be going over all the possible outcomes with you. Its your right NOT their choice.
Maybe having someone come with you, someone who will advocate for you during your next apt or consult? Dr's often rush through these things but dont let them put you off. I'm sure it would be fine and maybe they want to discuss this stuff at your surgical consult but they should be letting you know beforehand.

:hug:

aww hun, I wondered what had happened. I am sorry you don't have a date yet, that's awful. It really sounds as though they are not caring for you like they should be :(

Take care hun and let us know how you get on x

thanx all xx i get so flustered while im there i want to cry, i took my husband with me the last time and he asked nut they dont give you straight answers at all ?? i just keep being told to speak to the hospital who then informed me it was non of my buisness that my gp should be contacting me ?? oh well fingers crossed my gp phones to say they should haave some info for me by the end of today thanx again xxx

ive been out today got back to find a message on phone from gp saying that i will be having an appointment with the hospital as an outpatient to discuss what action to take next, a little step closer ?? even though we know whats going to be done !! oh well its something xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"