Going from 2-3 children

Lil_Gem_1989

Reaction score
So what’s it like going from 2-3?
I found it a bit of a challenge going from 1-2 as my eldest was 6 so it was like starting all over remembering the baby stage!
This time my children will be 9 and almost 3.
Going to need a 3 bedroom house thats for sure!
Hopefully i will be able to keep my giulietta car lol
Xx

No advice but I’m pregnant with number 2 and my LG will be 6 by the time the baby comes!! I’m so scared about having two children lol I’ve forgotten What it’s like to have a baby! And tips? Lol xxx

Honestly, 2-3 i didnt even notice it was no different! 1-2 was a much harder transition i thought personally. Im now expecting number 4 and I'm not worried at all, what's 1 more ay?! Lol x

Congrats on your pregnancy! I think the transition from an only child to a child with siblings is the hardest. You're used to spoiling the oldest, and then when the baby comes, you now have to learn to share your time between the two. When going from 2-3 usually the first two will keep each other entertained so you can relax a bit during pregnancy if you need to, whereas you couldn't really going from 1-2 because your oldest child needed almost constant attention since you were all they had. Going from 2-3 is a lot easier than 1-2.

Dlw91 hey :) i found it more tiring as my eldest had always been a good sleeper.
My 2 year old has never slept through the night, so i think the lack of sleep wont be a challenge for me this time around haha.
The age gap is nice to be honest. Jayden is really good with benn and helps out which is nice, he dotes on him.
Xx

Thanks lilmisscaviar :) you too. When are you due?
Oh i never thought of that. My youngest is really clingy so i think when the baby is here he will be fighting for my attention and need to think about potty training soon as well... ahhhh lol x

I think it's the easiest! Way easier than 0-1 and 1-2. The only issues I had were struggling a bit in the mornings getting Thomas to school and having to sometimes let Emma cry, which stressed me out.

Apart from that, she has been amazing and the older kids love her.

Easy!! I have 6 and 8 years (I think) between the 2 eldest and the youngest. The youngest has no choice but to fit in around an already established family really. Best of luck. :)

I found 2-3 really easy and found 3-4 the hardest. I think it depends on so many factors- age gaps, children's and babys personalities, life style etc that no 2 persons experience will be the same.

Going from 3-4 is hard work currently 2-3 was a challenge but i think it does depend on the children xx

I found 1 to 2 really hard because my eldest was only 2 when my youngest was born. I am now expecting 3 and both my older girls (5 and 3) are at school full time, so I will be at home on my own with the baby.

Im sure the school run will be challenging though!!

Yeh im dreading getting all 3 children ready for the school run! �� xx

Dlw91 hey :) i found it more tiring as my eldest had always been a good sleeper.
My 2 year old has never slept through the night, so i think the lack of sleep wont be a challenge for me this time around haha.
The age gap is nice to be honest. Jayden is really good with benn and helps out which is nice, he dotes on him.
Xx

Your children sound just like mine and you have the same worries as me! My two will be 8 and 3 when number 3 arrives.

#1 was always a brilliant sleeper well behaved little star.
#2 I’m lucky if she only wakes up twice in the night. She’s a little terror

There’s 5 years between them two and that was hard. I’m hoping because I’m still kinda in the swing of getting up nappies ect that the jump from 2/3 will be okay but I am sooooooooo worried

Yeh sounds a very similar situation! Except yours are girls and mine are boys :)
I’m really hoping number 3 is chilled out as my youngest is sooo clingy and i just know he will be fighting for my attention lol.
When are you due? You’re a bit further ahead in preg than me.
Xx

I’m due August 17th.

#2 is the same she’s stuck to me! There’s no such thing as personal space.

I do wonder how I’m going to make time for everyone and myself.

School runs!!! I hadn’t even thought of them that’s going to be fun! Luckily #1 will be 8 so she’s pretty good at getting herself ready and will help with #2... I hope!

I have been told going to 3 is easy though. I hope there all right

Thanks for this thread!

Me and OH are going to try for baby no3 in the spring. I currently have a 5 year old and just turned 2 year old. Hopefully when a new baby arrives DD1 will be in year 1 and DD2 just starting nursery .

It’s good to hear what mums of 3 or more children think of this period. I found 1-2 pretty easy although we didn’t have to be our first thing as DD1 was in afternoon nursery

I find I get myself very stressed quickly !

Regarding the school runs... I find you just learn to be a bit more organised! I dont get up any earlier than I did when I had 1 child.. just takes a bit more organising and a good routine x

Be sure to keep us updated as baby #3 arrives! My husband and I are thinking of trying for our third baby this summer and I am hoping that the two older boys will play together so the transition will be smoother this time around!

From 1-2 kids was hard for me because my first born was so clingy and I felt guilty about neglecting him for the baby! Then I would feel opposite guilt that I wasn't giving my full attention to the baby! :shrug:

With a third, I would hope the older two would bond and play together giving more "me time" or rather "mom time" for the newborn! :baby:

I honestly think having a baby is a huge transition either way. But how I look at it is, back years and years ago women would have 8-15 children and they managed! when there was no such thing as birth control. If they can do it with lack of amazing facilities like we have then we can do this. I remember feeling so guilty when I had number two because my eldest was only just 2 but they are now the BEST of friends and adore each other. I think the school run etc will be difficult but if you can do it with two what’s one more? we got this ladies if I can do three on my own I’m sure you can do three. My mum used to always say to me you’ll never regret having another one (you’ll be too in love) but you’ll regret not having more. So I’m going with that. xxxx

Picksbaby yes I hope it is as easy as they say. Depends on the kids personalities etc though I suppose xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->