• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Going from 2.5 to 3 children?!

Emma93

Reaction score
So myself and hubby have 2 children at home (3yo and 1.5) and he has a 9.5yo daughter. I say 2.5 because we don't have his daughter full time.

I've always said I would wait until both my children are at school before having another. But lately, since my youngest is practically a pre-teen :winkwink:, all I can think about is how much I miss being pregnant (despite two horrendous pregnancies and two premature babies!) and how I deeply miss having a tiny baby to care for!

How did you find going from 2 to 3? I've heard some say it is the hardest number to jump to and others say it's been the easiest.. We already have a 7 seat car and are planning on extending our house by 2 bedrooms. So space ect isn't an issue. I'm talking more juggling every day things & attention between all the children ect

Emma - X

I'm not WTT but was ring nosey in here. The third has been the easiest for me, she fits right in, like a book in a shelf! Parenting has pretty much been stress-free and I'm so relaxed and feel like I know what I am doing.

We didn't plan on a third but now she's here, we wouldn't change anything.

I found going from 2 to 3 much easier than 1 to 2. Like Minties said they just kind of fit right in. My third was a very easy baby, probably my easiest of the three, and I'm more chill this time around. I too was worried that it would be too stressful, and admittedly I don't really have much time anymore, but actually I was impressed the way my first two are around the baby. My oldest daughter absolutely loves her baby sister and even my baby smiles at her sister when she comes around. It is so sweet the bond that they already have! My son, who is the middle child, isn't too fond of his baby sister but I attain that more to being a male than anything else, since they typically don't care about babies as much as us girls. My son isn't mean to her though... he just ignores her. I thought he was actually going to be rough with her but actually he could care less that she's there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"