Going from Moses to cot advice

knk2011

Reuben's Mummy :)
Reaction score
Reuben is outgrowing his Moses. He wriggles and keeps hitting his arms on the sides and waking himself up (he no longer likes being swaddled)

I was thinking of bringing his cot bed into our room and putting him in a grobag as he also kicks his blankets off and wakes himself up.

He's 10 weeks old on Wednesday. Am I ok to do that at this age?

So long as his grow bag fits him properly, it shouldn't be a problem :flower:

we have used Gro Bags since about 2/3 weeks, and he has been in his cot bed since birth. x

I bought a travel cot last week to put LO in as she likes to sleep with her arms stretched out and we didn't have the room to put her cot bed in our room.

My LO has been in a grobag since she was 8.5lbs as this was the weight on the bag. It has buttons on the side on the grobag to make it smaller so there's no chance she can wriggle down. I'm not sure if other sleeping bags have this.

Grobags are suitable from 8.5lbs which I am sure he will be so definitely use one.

Millie would have been in hers from birth had it been grobag weather! But we started with a 1tog in Aug, now in a 2.5tog.

Cotbed - definitely suitable. And you don't need to do feet to foot position when in a Grobag so he can just be placed in the cot.

Gro Bags are actually suitable from 7lb7oz hence the buttons to make the arm holes smaller. they had to change the size rating due to babies being smaller or something. Henry wasn't 8lb5oz when he went into it. As long as you can not pull it over their head it is fine.

I have no idea why they changed the minimum weight because the extra poppers are a new thing. Oliver's never had them.

We did exactly that but he wasn't quite as young. Was around 3 months. Cot came into our room and we use gro-bags. Although, the best gro-bag I've used was an Ikea version and I recently got an Avon version that's quite nice too.

He's now 6 months and still with us, mainly because up until very recently he awoke in the night for one feed (stopped now, I think!) until he is consistently ok by himself (no grumbles in the night ) I'm keeping him in with us. He doesn't seem aware that we are there anyway.

Thank you! He was 10lb 12 at last weighing so he must be at least 11lb by now. :)

Ds has been in a grobag since birth (he was over 9 lbs). They're brilliant. He has also been in his cot for 2-3 weeks now (he is 9 weeks old). He does weigh over 14 lbs now and is the same length as an average 6 month old!!

We did the same with Emilia at around the same age because she was wriggling and stretching too much in the Moses basket, we moved the cot into our room and started using the gro bags. I was really glad we did it. Although for a few days first we put the basket into the cot with her in it so she could get used to the surroundings of the cot bars before introducing all the extra space in the cot too!

Ollie outgrew his Moses basket at 8 weeks (he's a long baby and his head was hitting the top haha). Our room is too small for his cot so we have him in a travel cot next to my side of the bed. He loves it - he has room to stretch out now and isn't disturbing himself.

He's been in a grobag since about 3 weeks as he kept kicking blankets off. I have a variety of colours and togs. They're a lifesaver!

Gro bags are fine at his age.
You could always put him in the Moses basket in his cot for a few nights to get him used to the cot :)

I've managed to get him to nap in his cot during the day, but he only takes about 2 or 3 30 minute naps. He seems to like the extra room but think ill try the Moses in the cot trick first

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->