going home clothes?

billybump

mummy to my little man
Reaction score
Does anyone else feel like buying themselves a whole new going home outfit, so they look/feel good when leaving hospital?
I've spent ages this weekend looking longingly at new jeans, boots, tops, jackets and even socks. Am I the only one?

i also want something new to wear home but have no idea what my body will look like after all this so I don't know what to buy?

I was thinkin of buying clothes in my regular size or a size up depending, but I haven't bought much mat stuff (1 top, 2 dresses for parties, 3 pairs of trousers and a pair of jeans) as I'm lucky and can still get into some prepregnancy stuff.

I took stuff to the hosp last time and ended up going home in my maternity combats and a loose top as I hadn't got the figure I expected to have after giving birth lol. I am taking loose clothes this time too and going shopping after I have lost my baby weight this time.

I think that you are going to struggle with this once hun as you are recommended to buy your going home outfit when you are around 5 months pregnant as this is most likely the size you will be when you leave hospital.

I'm just wearing Jogging bottoms and probably a long t-shirt.......sexy or what! :rofl:

I'll probably end up in hubby's clothes I seem to be wearing them a lot. At 5 months I didn't have a bit if a bump so maybe my plan for same size will work. I just want to look back and think how fantastic I looked, vain I know.

God, I sound like I'm a 6ft model. I'm not normally this egotistical.

Im actually not bothered about going home clothes! Im pretty sure its going to be the least of my worries :) Im more looking forward to going shopping with no baby bump at all :happydance: xxx

I went straight back to my pre pregnancy size after i had my 2 girls. but to be honest clothes and stuff were the last thing on my mind, and plus the thought of putting on jeans after i had given birth was awful as i was so sore downstairs, i just wanted to be left in my pjs! but i opted for tracksuit bottoms going home! somehow i think i will be doing the same this time! There is no point looking gorgeous in jeans and boots when your walking like John Wayne!! lol :haha:

never given it a thought tbh, i will be going from hosp to car and car to house so whos gonna see me anyway lol

I dont care - i'll just be wearing my jogging pants!

:haha: third time lucky :haha:

Yep I felt like this the first time - I was even putting my makeup on (curling my eyelashes) in labour with my first (after the epidural obviousley :haha:)
My best friend and OH were like - Seriousley is this really neccessery!!

Second time, I wanted to be carried out in my pjamas, didnt care what I looked like - In fact I look back at pictures and cringe so I will be making more of an effor this time :blush: but probably stick to some tracksuit bottoms or something comfortable...(In primark not sure if they still do them but in the pjama section they did nice jama/tracksuit set things..:blush:) they are good to have i bought a couple of them after ds2 so I could lounge around in comfy stuff but still look decent for when visitors come round xx

id defo sujest taking very lose clothes - i ended up with an emergency c-section and was so sore! i ended up wearing my pj bottoms home! just becasue they were very baggy!

I don't care too much either, will have some comfy trousers and a cozy jumper, most likely :) As long as everything else goes well, clothes is the last thing on my mind :):)

never given it a thought tbh, i will be going from hosp to car and car to house so whos gonna see me anyway lol

Same here... somehow doubt that ANYONE will be looking at me...

It will be Winter, anyway, so whatever I wear will be under my 3/4 length (very nice, angora and wool) coat. I may wear maternity jeans and a top or I may wear a pair of PJs... I will ensure that my hair looks nice and my face is ok (but I am not a huge make-up person anyway).

Like others have said, I have NO idea of what my figure will be like (and actually try not to think about it - I doubt it will snap straight back to my lean, toned, sporty body... I will try not to think TOO much about my body until I can get back into the gym/pool again - about 6 weeks after birth). Comfort will be the prime concern.

I too look forward to normal clothes, but will enjoy shopping a lot more when I feel back to my old self... :thumbup:

QT

ive just packed my lazy day black trousers (2 pair) and a vest top and
another top with buttons. Far from fethcing but doubt ill feel as though im ready to walk a red carpet lol, as long as ive got my make up and a big pair of sunglasses to hide behind and a nice inflatable ring to sit on in the car, ive talked myself into the fact that, that's all im bothered about lol

they say you look like you did at about 5-6 months pregnant :)
im just going home in my maternity jeans and tshirt so im comfy :)x

I think am just going to go home in my maternity jeans n a jumper cos when I get home I think ilk just want to quickley get changed into my pjs lol xxx

I bought a £3 pair of asda trackie bottoms, as much as I'd like a new outfit its not as if anyone so going to see me and I have no idea what I'll fit into or be comfortable in.
I've popped a loose comfy primark top in as well that never was maternity but has seen me through - it does unbutton down the front too.

I think il just go home in my mat jeans and top or some leggings as I think I probaly will be to sore and tired to even think about anything else lol.xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->