Going insane trying to choose a girls name!!

Discussion in 'Baby Names' started by boobee, Oct 6, 2013.

1. boobee

boobee 1 DD/Expecting No 2

As the thread says! I'm 24 weeks so plenty of time to go but I honestly thought choosing a name for my first would be easy!

I've suggested a few names but OH doesn't like any of them, he's struggling to come up with any names at all as there are none that he likes. It's got to the point I'm sick of looking!

I want names that are a bit unusual, not popular (but not too weird) I don't mind long or short whereas OH prefers simple longer names that you can shorten down to a nice nickname.

I REALLY love Callie-Rose and thought we had decided on that (didn't realise OH hates it now) and I also like Thea.

Can anyone suggest any girls names?!

2. Dantes Mom

Dantes Mom Well-Known Member

Our list consists of

Sienna
    Mila
    Francesca
    Savannah
    Eden
    Annabelle - this suits yours and oh criteria best IMO
    Leonie

Half of these are vetoed by my oh seems your after thesane sort of name as me and at nearly 32weeks we still got nothing lol! Xx

3. wouldluvabub

wouldluvabub Mumma of 2!

I have a thread on here with my list of names (both boys and girls). It's very hard isn't it!! Thea happens to be on my list also! I also seem to like short names like you so probably wouldn't be much help, but here are some I like:
    Mila
    Lexi
    Dayna
    Thea

What about Addison?? It can be shortened to addi. I've always loved it but have a cousin named it so it's a no go.

4. steph.

steph. Two little girls!

I know the feeling of giving up, I am 35w and since my dd came at 37w I could only have a couple of weeks left but I'm sick of it! My dh has really bad taste and wont budge. Here's my short list :

Sienna (my favourite, i've even put it up on the nursery door to see if it inspires him)
    Tiffany
    Alyssa
    Lara
    Annabelle
    Madeline
    Annalise (he says it reminds him of anal-lice :( )

5. boobee

I really like Addison but surname begins with A too so "a" names just don't go. A friend has recently called her daughter sienna, my friend is called Annabelle (and also an a name) I ALWAYS wanted to call a little girl Lexi, but my close friends niece is now called that, as is a friends little girl.

I do like Mila spelt Milla and pronounced (mee-a).
    I also liked Lyra instead if Lara.

6. wouldluvabub

wouldluvabub Mumma of 2!

Unless your last name actually rhymed or clashed with Addison I don't think the double a should matter. My initials are double B and so are my sons.

7. Balloo

Balloo Well-Known Member

On our lists were;
    Penny,
    Ava,
    Quinn,
    Alannah,
    Freya,
    Ivy,
    Agnes.
    On my list that OH refused :-(
    Pixie,
    Norah,
    Aurora,
    Eliza,
    Evelyn.
    It's so hard isn't it?! X

8. Mummymoo_x

Mummymoo_x Well-Known Member

I also like Mila but spelt Myla :)
    I'm 24 weeks too and I'm struggling with a girls name! Doesnt help that OH doesnt suggest any! X

9. boobee

Ha ha the same with us! I have stepchildren so OH has said that I can choose the name, as long as he likes it, it's hard though because he doesn't like any so far but can't think of any himself!

10. bassdesire

bassdesire Well-Known Member

Annaliese is beautiful. It's our girls middle name. Everyone loves it--Elise???

11. boobee

I quite like that name but it's very similar to his ex-wife's name which is a complete NO GO. Most of the names people (outside of this forum) have suggested makes me think of someone I know called that and it puts me off the name. Why do I have to be so fussy?!

12. auntiesarah25

auntiesarah25 Well-Known Member

I'm in the same spot! I suggest name after name and OH shrugs! My sister tries to give me ideas but like you said, I know someone by that name and it doesn't work for me. What about the name Fiona? We were stuck on that for a while.