Going onto Hungry Baby Help needed

chezziepie

Mum to one :)
Reaction score
We are moving LO onto hungry baby as we can no longer satisfy him on normal milk.

Did you do one bottle at a time or all bottles? :shrug:

Thank you

I'm not sure if there is a "right" way.. but when LO was on it we just did it with all his feeds from the start of his day.

How much does your LO drink atm?

I just changed once the first milk had all gone! I did notice a change in her poops for about a week after the change and then it settled down :)

well he was on 6oz every 4 hours now he's screaming every 2 hours for 5-6 oz hes only 11lb and clearly doesnt need 48 oz a day he's just always hungry

growth spurt?

Switching to hb now means you have no trump card later on...

i had the exact same problem. although i went through it with lo at 8 weeks. he was having 43oz a day! almost double what he should have. i changed him to hungry baby straight away without an gaps and cut down his feeds and structured it more.

this might sound a bit off but are you sure he isnt just tired? i made the mistake of feeding him every time he cried and it was about every 2 hours. now when i look back on it he clearly wasnt hungry, he was tired, but he would root and take a whole bottle! i was overfeeding him and h/v got quite strict and said to gradually cut him down til he was taking more of his recommended allowance.. he now takes 33oz at 12 weeks xx

Agree could be a growth spurt, perhaps give it a few days and see if he settles down. X

He sleeps really well so he isn't tired and I don't feed him every time he cries anymore but I did that for the first few weeks and then realised feeding every 2 hours wasn't good for either of us. I thought it was a growth spurt too which is why I decided to just change his night time bottle to hungry baby which has really worked he's back upto 5-6 hours sleep followed by 4 hours which is what he was doing before. He's still having about 36 oz a day but he's " under" weight for his height so I'm letting him feast whilst he wants it every four hours.

He sleeps really well so he isn't tired and I don't feed him every time he cries anymore but I did that for the first few weeks and then realised feeding every 2 hours wasn't good for either of us. I thought it was a growth spurt too which is why I decided to just change his night time bottle to hungry baby which has really worked he's back upto 5-6 hours sleep followed by 4 hours which is what he was doing before. He's still having about 36 oz a day but he's " under" weight for his height so I'm letting him feast whilst he wants it every four hours.

Hi, have you tried upping his oz's to 7? Hungry baby formula is made from casein protein rather than whey protein (sorry if teaching you to sucks eggs) which is harder for babies to digest which keeps them fuller for longer, it contains the same amount of calories as first formula does, if your lo is under weight for his height maybe he needs the extra calories which hungry baby wouldn't give him iykwim, it would just space his feedings out longer Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->