going out in the snow!

ttcbambino#1

Mummy to 2 monkeys
Reaction score
Hi Ladies, not sure how the snow is affecting everyone else in the UK, but it's pretty bad here! Friday was awful and trains up the wall etc so I didn't go to work (I commute to London, about 1.5hr in total) and got to spend all day chilling with the hubby :winkwink:

I thought the snow would be getting better, but it's hardly melted and is now really icy and compacted where everyone has been out stamping it in and playing in it. We went to go out but I only got 5 metres from the house and nearly fell 3 times! In the end Hubby went to the shops and I stayed in. I feel like such a wally but I'm so scared about falling over, especially since I had a fall down the stairs not long ago and just don't want to risk it. If it gets no better in the AM I'm half wondering wether to call in to work and tell them I'm not risking the journey to the station (roads haven't been treated here either so it's like an ice rink), but do you think they'll be really annoyed and think I'm a completely wimp?? I also have Tuesday off for my scan (hubby is digging car out of the snow know in preparation!) so didn't know if it was taking the pee a bit?? :shrug:

it's better to be safe than sorry! here in manchester, we're just getting the snow, so we had a long walk in fresh, crunch under your feet snow :)
lovely!
xx

When it was first like that Friday AM it was great, it was so deep it was brill, but now it's all slippery and scary!!!

In in manchester too, weird because we had snow ti hthunder and lightening earlier! x

I know, it is worrying, I need to get some wellies to try and get more grip when out in the snow/ice. I just wish i'd broken up from work for xmas already, it'd be so much easier then x

We've had no snow yet, just ice and I'm petrified of fallin over. Snow's lovely to start with when it's deep but it later gets really dangerous and scary! Xx

I know how you feel. I saw a lady slipped and fell in front of us on Friday morning when I took my daughter to school. I was nervous, I kept telling my daughter to walk very carefully. She nearly fell once, and I nearly slipped at least three times! It was awful.

I am so glad her school breaks up for Xmas and I get to stay at home with her for the festive season. My DH was taking rubbish outside earlier and he came back telling me that he wouldn't want me or DD to go out today cos of the ice! I was planning to go to the shops to get stuff for Xmas dinner!

If I was going to work tomorrow, I would be worried!!! I would be tempted to stay at home for my safety - after seeing that woman fall. It could've been me!!!

I nearly fell loads of times last week, but yesterday i bought a nice new pair of wellies from Asda, ive just been out in the garden with my dog, he loves the snow its hilarious watching him bark at it! x

Manchester here too!!:thumbup:

Ive decided to let OH drive me around everywhere (as I dont like driving in this!) and roads havent been gritted either (!) and I have stopped walking outside now after nearly falling on Friday night walking to the car!!

Its quite bad here now and Im glad I have the next 2 weeks off work...feel sorry for OH though...he aint.

ttcbambino...I dont think you are taking the pee..better to be safe than sorry.

yes, i'm terrified of slipping over as well. i'm just going to walk very slowly when i have to go out tomorrow for work.
xx

Yayy for us mancs! Well im just outside manchester, Bolton actually but i class it as manchester/lancashire lol :haha:

Just try to be careful when walking, it took me about 10 minutes to walk a few meters the other day :happydance:

I do love this weather though, very festive, and for once its come about the right time, we usually get snow in feb/march!

I'm English and am spending my first winter in Canada since i moved here, its been snowing on and off since early Novemeber now and its blinkin leathal lol. Before i knew i was pregnant i was not too bothered and just walked around looking like i was doing the funky chicken dance :blush:. Now i know im preg im trying to be extra careful but sometimes its just to slippery. My OH usually walks with me to the car and then where i need to go so i have extra support. We had 3ft of snow the other week which was actually better to walk on then it is now, now its started to melt in places as its gone up from in the -30's to 0 ... its turning to ice. All the Canadian's laugh at my response to their weather but im an English girl and not used to it ! I would rather have the wet winters from England anyday lol.

BRRRRR cold! lol! yes i can imagine how scary that must be, have you got any wellies? mine really do help, if im wearing normal work shoes or trainers i nearly land on my bum! haha :)

Nope i aint tried wellies yet as apparently the rubber goes rock hard in the cold lol. I have been saying i dont want a pair of snow boots as they look terrible ( yeah thats it put the fashion statement first - it don't matter if i look stupid doing the funky chicken or landing on my ass lol :dohh:) ... but im thinking now i have to be careful i shall have to go and get some. I just spoke to my mum and she said its really bad there !! Is it still snowing now ? Hopefully you lot will get a white christmas !! That would be gorgeous :happydance:

I love the snow!! I'm so glad we've got some snow on the ground for christmas! I've got snow boots from when I lived in the states and they are quite fashionable Lady J so I'm sure if you looked around you would find some fashionable ones... Good luck and everyone be careful!! We've got about an inch on the ground in lincolnshire and its still snowing!

Well I have been worried about this too. I live on quite a big hill and if it keeps snowing I won't be able to get my car out the drive let alone drive up it. I work 30 miles away from home, I'm sure the main roads will be fine but it's actually getting to them. If I can't go then they will tell me to work from another office which is a 15 min walk away but down a step hill and I'm terrified I'll fall. They don't know at work I'm preg but feel like I'll have to say something tomorrow if it comes to it. Would really rather not have to!!

Mine are black with pink butterflies, theyre quite nice and do the job! it keeps snowing/hailstoning on and off, its bad cause when it hailstones it freezes through the night and makes it really slippy.
Gonna take my dog out tomorrow and try out the wellies, hope i dont get too many laughs/comments haha!! xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->