Going out when pregnant...

My worry isn't the music or the looks its people bumping into me. When my best friend was 25 weeks pg with her daughter we went out to celebrate a friends birthday - just to a pub, not overly busy and she was drinking juice but on her way back from the loo some big bloke fell into her, knocked her into a table and then she fell on the floor. She banged her tummy so hard on the corner of the table she had a bruise the size of her husbands palm and spent 2 days being monitored in hospital. That experience scared the life out of me and for that reason i am too afraid to go out. It wasn't a club, just a nice pub and was really early on (about half 8 ) so it just proved to me that all situations where alcohol is involved hold too much risk for my precious baby. I will still go out to dinner and to certain family parties though.

I was out in a pub yesterday after my DH's sunday football team won a cup final & I stood near the bar the whole time, I had one of my friends standing in front of me in case someone bumped in to me while they were dancing/getting a bit drunk x Did worry me though x

Its not often we go out to pubs or clubs anyway x think I've only been out about 3 times since finding out i was pregnant x

I didn't feel like even leaving the house for several weeks after finding out I was pregnant. We have started going out on Friday evenings with a group of friends to a bar and grill, and we all sit in the non-bar type area and just talk. That is about as much as I can handle. I don't enjoy going out into a club where I can't really hear if I am not buzzed.LOL I feel like I am just standing around looking dumb anyway! I agree about the liquid courage:) Now that it is nicer out, and I have more energy, I wouldn't be opposed, but I also wouldn't want to be anywhere where things get too wild, either.
OH-and anyone who wants to stare at or judge me can shove it. I know I haven't had one stinking drink since I found out I was pregnant. Two sips from DH's drinks, (one sip of margarita, which made me not want one, and one sip of beer, which made me pine for one)but that is all, so they can all think what they want.
I might be pregnant, but I didn't wake up one day and become a hermit!

hiya hun i go out prob once a fortnight an altho i get looks its normally to ask me sex or whn she is due, i have a laff, i aint ever touched alcohol an i jus enjoy being out wit my partner an mates!!!! x x x

I dont really have to energy to be going out this time, im tired by 9pm lol but with Caeden, after id got over the ms and stuff i was out quite a lot, i never drank or anything but id go out with friends like normal, i got looks but i really didnt care. Its no one elses business tbh. twice in my pregnancy, at 24 week (my birthday) and sometime around 34 weeks (Manchester Mardi Gras) I did have a couple of drinks and yeah the looks i got were terrible but again i didnt really care. I think i was out til about 3 am then.. at 34 weeks! haha i wasnt drinking of course i only had a couple at beginning of the night.

But it was my first prergnancy, i was only 21 and i think i wanted to stil be normal and not looked at differently with my friends.. this time, i have a little boy to look after and being on my own i dont often get a baby sitter so i wont be going out often at all. Mght go for a meal for my birthday but wont be a late night.. Im too old for that now :rofl:

xxx

I don't think going out is bad at all - as long as you're in a safe environment and not around too much smoke. Having vodka is not something I'd do preggers though....

I'm still going out if I feel like it. I went to a cocktail bar last week for my mate's birthday and sat down drinking really yummy virgin mango & passionfruit cocktails, and I've also been to see 3 live bands in the past month. I'm just extra careful at gigs now and make sure I stand off to the side where I won't get shoved around.

I couldn't care less if people stare or think bad things of me when they see me in a bar or on a late night train - it's none of their business, my partner and I know I'm looking after myself and my baby and that's all that matters :)

I went out a few weeks ago and I won't be rushing out again, I felt so unsafe, like the others said about alchohol and people drinking etc in crowded places, I'm loving the idea of a country pub and a meal now...xxxx

P,S I also look younger that I am and see people glance at my wedding ring!

wow.. some real good opinions there.

Yer the fear of being shoved or bumped into is becoming stronger now I am getting bigger too. I wont stop going out to the odd pub and club.. but just hate the glances! I saw a girl the other week.. must have been about 8 months gone no joke.. only about 17-18 and she was on the dancefloor with a bottle of blue wicked in her hand! Oh the look I gave her (this was before I was showing) so I guess I am judgemental without even realising it too!

I don't go to clubs or anything like that, but I certainly go to the pub to meet up with my mates or go out with my sister and also out to dinner. I even had a pint of shandy the other day, and I couldnt give a damn who looked at me and thought I was out of order, I know what I was drinking and doing and that was all that matters......... my body, my baby and 'jack' to do with them! x

i work at a nightclub, and i have to keep it up until july 12th when i hit maternity (thank god)
but i feel perfectyl dafe behind the bar, i avoid walking through the dancefloor when the club is open though as i dont feel safe there.
i was worried about the noise but ive been reassured on that one.
so im all happy now
i dont think i'd go out for a night at a club though pregnant, as i would feel really scared about being bumped etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->