Going running..

jenny82

Reaction score
I know you're advised to wait until your 6 week check up before doing any exercise, but has anyone started earlier than this?

I walk the dog most evenings when OH comes home from work and we used to go running together pre-pregnancy. I feel great at the min and have stopped bleeding last week, so I've started doing a little running whilst out with the dog. Do you think I'm doing any damage or will I be ok? I don't want the HV to shout at me!

You'll probably want to wait. Your bleeding can come and go... 2 weeks is still very fresh I think for your body. I had a c-section though, so I'm not really sure. I followed doctor's orders very adamantly as I didn't want to rip anything.

My healing seems to have been very quick, whether or not that would make a difference.

I literally ran for like 3 1-minute bursts and very lightly, just to test the waters, and my legs. But oh dear, I feel a bit bad now. I don't want to break myself :/

I talked to my doc today about this seeing as it has been 4 weeks and I want to start back at my yoga class, but was concerned because it is very vigourous. She said basically that I should start VERY slow, since bleeding can come and go and get worse with exercise. She said I could start at around 4 weeks if I was feeling good and was not bleeding more the next day - she also said that since the hormone relaxin is still in the body that I could get injured more easily so to watch out for that. But definitely start out much slower than you would think - the body is still in recovery mode and will fatigue easily. I would wait a little longer - my doc said 6 weeks is recommended, but I could start out very slowly at 4. (Though I didn't mention that I have been shovelling the driveway - oops!)
xx

I had a csection as well and i know i thought my bleeding was gone at 2 weeks than it started up again until 6 weeks and finally stopped so just be aware of that mine went away for like days and i thought i was done than back in full effect ugh. I would talk to the doc before doing any running

My healing went exceptionally quick too, especially considering I had a c-section. I stopped taking pain killers after a week and half. My doctor still warned me to take it easy even though I felt great. I figured my health was more important than having a clean kitchen... so I left the dishes undone (bending and swooping), and I only went up/down the stairs once or twice a day. That was hard, all of our bedrooms are upstairs. But, it's your body, you know it best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->