going to cause pneumonia?

cowboys angel

new mama & wife and ttc#2
Reaction score
So summer has started. At 10:30am this morning it was 87 degrees Fahrenheit. Yuck.

LO was fussy all night and all morning. She's not taking to the heat very well. (Yesterday it was only 60 degrees all day.)

My mom told me to get a washcloth a little damp (at room temperature) and give it to her to play with/cuddle. So I did. She was quite the happy camper.

OH says I'm going to give her pneumonia letting her have the wet washcloth.

Is this actually a possibility?

No, it's not a possibility at all. It's hot, you need to cool your baby down. If it was freezing and you were letting her play with ice, I might have some doubts, but as it is, you'll be fine :)

Pneumonia is an infection of the lungs and is usually caused by bacteria or viruses. Cold weather or feeling cold do not cause an infection. You must be in contact with the germs that cause pneumonia to be infected. Being cold and wet does not give you a cold or the flu or pneumonia. This is a myth. :)

Good to know! Now I can tell OH to shove it. Lol. I just don't know how else to keep her cool other than sticking her in the bath all day... I have the air conditioning running but it is soooo hot and muggy.

Pneumonia is actually a side effect of other illnesses. You can't actually "catch it". It's from a bad case of a lung infection or flu, it can turn into pneumonia. So, what you did will not cause pneumonia!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->