Gonal-F dose for IUI?

WishnandHopn

Reaction score
I'm doing my first IUI cycle this month and just started my Gonal-F injections. I'm doing 62.5 for 5 days and having an ultrasound on Friday to see how I'm responding.

Has anyone else been started on such a low dose of Gonal-F? I'm 38, so I'm kind of surprised they would start me so low. I've read that 75 is the standard starting dose for ovulation induction for IUI. I do ovulate on my own so I'd really like to get 2-4 follicles to make the hassle and cost of these injections worth it!

What dose of Gonal-F were you on? How many follicles did you get? I'd love to hear some success stories :)

Hi WishnandHopn, I didn't want to read and run. I'm actually on the opposite spectrum as you, because I have low egg reserves my dose starts at 200. So maybe its a good sign they started you off lower?

Also at my clinic I do go for cycle monitoring every day or other day, depending on the progress. Are you going in for any bloodwork or ultrasounds before Friday?

Good luck in your IUI, and lots of baby dust to you!

Thanks for replying Mama! Nope, no ultrasounds or bloodwork until Friday, after 5 days of injections. Maybe that's why they start with such a low dose, so they can avoid monitoring for the first half of the stimulation time? My ovarian reserve is questionable...I'm 38 and my AMH was low (can't remember the number) but AFC was okay (14) and FSH was good (6).

Baby dust to you too!

My dose started off at 75... when they're doing IUI, the dose starts low because the target is 4-ish follicles (as compared to IVF where the target is 20+). My dose ended up at 87.5 after my 5 day u/s, and we also added Luveris (LH - I see that you're in CAnada so it should be available where you are!) because my e2 level wasn't climbing as fast as my dr wanted for the number of follies I had. I ended up doing IUI on April 1, following a final u/s March 30th that showed 2 follies >18mm and one at ~15mm that may have caught up by the trigger :)

FX for you!

Just noticed your u/s should be today, how did it go? I should also note - my first cycle was cancelled for low e2 levels (we didn't bother adding Luveris that time because I also only had 1 follicle, so we elected to try a second cycle to try for a better response instead)

Thanks Tristansmom! It went well this morning! After 5 days at 62.5, I have two 16 mm follicles on my left ovary, nothing happening on the right. I'm supposed to do one more shot of 62.5 gonal-f tonight, blood test tomorrow and trigger tomorrow evening (Sat) and have the IUI on Monday! I would have liked to get more than 2 follies but I guess this first cycle is a bit of an experiment. I started on cd4, so I wonder if starting on CD2 or 3 would be better?

I really hope your IUI was successful! When are you testing? Keep me posted! I've been wondering if I want to test out my trigger or just wait the full two weeks before testing.

I'm going to test on Wednesday, but if it's BFP I'll probably be doubtful until Friday ;) I don't have enough tests to test out my trigger, which was 7 days ago today. 2 follies is still good - I only get them on one ovary too! I've heard lots of successes with 2. ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->