Gonal F injections and low E2 levels

Tristansmom

TTC #3
Reaction score
So I was going through a Gonal-f cycle for IUI, and my E2 levels kept falling despite having one good-looking follie on U/S, so my dr recommended not doing the IUI this cycle. He instructed me to take the Pregnyl (trigger) and wait for CD1, and we would try again (possibly with different meds/doses).

Two questions:

1) Has anyone had this happen?

2) How long after trigger should AF come? He seemed to think it would be soon-ish because I'm not taking any progesterone - like, 7-10 days post-trigger. Anyone experience this? I want to cycle back ASAP so I can start again...

I wonder if this is what happened to me this month. I was on Gonal as I have done many times. I always have a good amount of follicles but this time it was different. On the first follicle check there was one that was 1.0 then a bunch of small ones. On the next check the 1.0 grew and the others did not. I decided to do the progesterone and trigger. I triggered last Saturday so I am now 11 dpt. I am guessing that AF would come as it typically does for me on day 14.

Are you trying natural this month?

We decided to try natural this month. We have never tried without an IUI using progesterone.

TTCFirst for some reason natural doesn't work for my wife and me ;)

I'm just waiting for CD1 so we can hopefully do the IUI this month. WE only have enough sperm banked for one more try and I kind of want the trying part over with so that I can get on with my life, either with another baby or not!

Bump because the same thing happened again (low E2 after 9 days on Gonal-F, follies look good on u/s but bloodwork suggest poor egg quality).

Dr is giving me Luveris tonight - has anyone had Luveris as a rescue med after low E2? Success stories?

Update - went from 294 to 382 E2 level in 24 hours. Continuing with 75 Luveris and 87.5 Gonal-F in the hopes that we get over 600 on tomorrow's bloodwork - 3 follicles are 14, 12, and 11 mm. Anyone have numbers like this and a successful IUI?

Just wanted to say good luck! I never had my E2 levels checked when I was doing IUI. I hope this works for you!

I totally understand wanting to be done trying and moving on. I'm at that point too but I think we are going to give IVF a try.

We would try IVF except it's $10000 and we jsut don't have that right now. All the meds for IUI are covered, though, and the procedure is only $400 at my clinic, so we went that route - but it's almost to the point that we have to stop that, because we've spent nearly $2000 so far (including the ultrasound fees).

Today's E2 levels just showed up on my online patient portal and it's 584 - big jump! Hoping the dr calls and says we can go ahead!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->