Gone off food

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by LoobyLou75, Jan 24, 2011.

1. LoobyLou75

LoobyLou75 Mum of 3

My 11 month old daughter had an off day on Saturday and barely ate anything other than drinking her milk.
    Since then she seems her normal, active self but she just won't eat more than a spoonful of anything.She normally loves her porridge but turned her nose up at it, I added some fruit puree and she only ate a couple of spoons and she normally loves her fruit!
    She wouldn't eat tea last night and barely ate her lunch yesterday either.
    Like I said though, she's drinking her milk as normal.
    What can I do?

2. purplerat

purplerat Mum of 3

My LO has just turned a year old and is doing the same thing. Some good days he will eat his lunch, but he is turning his nose up at all his favorites like yoghurt! Its very frustrating but as long as she is drinking her milk and seems happy in herself I wouldn't worry for now. I found getting frustrated and trying to make Will eat just made things worse and he refused even more.

It could be to do with teething? I think its quite common for babies around this age's appetite to decrease xx

3. LoobyLou75

LoobyLou75 Mum of 3

Thanks purplerat :)

I think you could be right with regards to teething. She has 2 coming through at the min but I didn't assume it was that to start with as she wasn't like that with the first 2.
    Hollie is same....normally loves her yoghurts but just won't touch them at the mo!