Gone off milk- Please advise!

Fisherwoman

First pregnancy
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

George is now 7.5 months old. He has recently started not taking on as much milk as he was and I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this, and what should I do about it?

He eats 3 times a day, very well.

He does not yet drink any juice, believe me I have tried, he just does not seem interested.

He only has a maximum of 18oz per day, but that would be a lot for him.

Please help! Thank you x

Hi hun, Omar's average was 15-18 oz at your Lo's age with 2 meals. You can offer him more dairy to make up for the dropped ozs. 18-21 oz with 3 solids is what he needs at his age. Formula used in his solids also count as part of his formula intake. As for fluids, if he drinks few sips of water it should be fine. Babies usually start drinking more water when they'r more mobile & moving around.

We also switched to follow on at 7.5 months & he liked it more than stage 1.

Until now Omar doesnt drink juice & he only drinks water & milk.

as above really , offer more dairy when he eats. Also have you changed to follow on milk. If you havnt try it. i have heard it work

My eldest son (now almost 7 years old) reduced his milk intake from 4 months when weaning and by 7 months refuused to have milk at all.I made sure I used formula when making up his breakfast and in his other food and always made sure he ate plenty of other dairy (yougurts/cheese etc) and he was fine. He drinks gallons of milk now!x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->