• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Good and not so good news at 6.1 week scan

Lionchild

LTTTC#1
Reaction score
I'm not ready to start a pregnancy journal while things are still in limbo, but I wanted a place to share with some of my BnB pals what I'm currently facing in my pregnancy.

I'm playing the waiting game for now. :juggle: I'm not a religious person, but I'm ready to start :-# at this point.

So, I was sent in for an early ultrasound today due to spotting since July 26th and a throbbing yet dull pain in my left ovary region that started last night. My doctor wanted to make sure it wasn't ectopic. I also was sent in for a RhoGAM shot because I'm Rh-negative.

First, here's the good news:
We saw a gestational sac (in the right place) and saw a heartbeat! :happydance: It was also good news that the baby's crown to rump measurements matched up. They measured at 6.1 weeks (1-2 days behind what I had guessed). This means I got my first faint BFP at 8DPO! They also figured out the source of the spotting. I have a very small subchorionic hematoma. The good news is that it doesn't look like it's going to be an issue.

Now for the bad news:
The heartbeat only came up as 83 bpm. It's a little confusing because she did a few measurements for heart rate. One HR measurement I saw on the monitor came up as 89, but the final HR that ended up on the monitor and on the paperwork was 83. :shrug: This is in no way an ideal heart rate. They like to see it over 100, but even with heart rates >90, the outcome seems to be better (statistically). The nurse encouraged me to stay positive and not to jump the gun on assuming the worst. I came home and read a few case studies. From what I've read, the risk of miscarriage with a heartbeat under 90 at this stage in pregnancy is around 50%-60%.

For now, all I can do is prepare for the worst while hoping for the best. I'd like to think the bean is just so relaxed and comfy in there that his heart rate is reflecting that. Unfortunately, biology and statistics don't match up with my folk theory.

I have another ultrasound scheduled in exactly 2 weeks. I also have my initial prenatal visit tomorrow, so maybe my OB (whom I love dearly) will be able to give me her perspective on things.

Anyway, I'll update this thread as I receive new information. I'm going to hope this story has a positive ending to it!! PMA!!!

Ha! I meant to insert the praying smiley. I'm not sure what that second smiley is supposed to be doing.

silenced if you hold cursor over him...

I had a HB of 180 and still it ended badly. So do not put to much on HB, except that you saw one:)! Also growing well.

Good luck to you.

awww I will hope for the best for you!! Musta been amazing to see your LO on the screen :)

It was amazing! I know I should focus on the positive things, like the heartbeat and seeing the little bean.

Hey, you got to see a heartbeat! That's more than I ever got. The first and only time I saw my bean, it was already gone...

I'm so glad it's not ectopic! Some beans heartbeats aren't even showing up yet at this point. Every baby is different, so maybe yours is just getting started to gear up for AWESOMENESS!

Pregnancy in general seems best approached from a "prepare for the worst, hope for the best" standpoint. I'm here for you no matter what! Hopefully here in a month or so, we can be bump buddies. :hug:

Please stay positive!! Sending tons of thoughts for your bean :hugs:

Oh hunny i am sure everything will be fine! Stay positive :). Co grats by the way ;)

Please stay positive (easier said than done I know). The waiting is hard, but numbers can be so misleading. The chance of this working out is higher than it not. Keeping you in my prayers :)

HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII! :yipee: Heehee

:hugs: So glad you got to see your little one and hear the heartbeat :thumbup: I hope [-o< everything will be just fine and like you said...your little one is just extra relaxed and comfy in there :thumbup: but that means mommy has to be relaxed too to send the little guy good vibes! :winkwink:

OMG, two weeks is gonna take foreeeever :coffee: :haha:

Two weeks is soooo looooong, Lilly!! Apparently the TWW still haunts you even after a BFP. :dohh:

The wait only gets worse Lionchild! Then you get to wait for scans, and at the end for labor!! TWW is nothing compared to all the pregnancy waits!! :haha: :hugs:

Agreed w above lmao, the waits are lonnnnnng! I was at 38 weeks and crying to get the baby out already haha i was so done by that point, and huge and miserable!! Icried in front of my doctor!

Hi Lionchild!! :howdy:

Hope baby is just chillin' hard and that everything is well! Everything crossed over here!

Lionchild I know it's hard not to worry but try to be as relaxed as possible giving the current circumstances.... I hope everything wOrks out for you & the lil one. .. sending positive vibes your way

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"