good due date/bad due date,can't decide

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by helz81, Apr 15, 2009.

1. helz81

helz81 Mum of 3

After my dating scan earlier today my due date has now been moved forward 2 days..makes me due on the exact date my mum died last year :sad1: But my friends are saying thats a good thing..nice in a way..she's coming back! I know there isn't much chance of me having him/her on that date anyway but still, I don't know if Im happy or sad! Bloomin preg hormones!!!

2. Buffy71

Buffy71 Mummy to Harriet!

Ah hon. Really get how you are feeling torn about this, but here's another way of looking at it. It was already a very important day in your life, and now will be doubly so, but with a happy twist on a previously sad day. I expect its your mum's way of making sure you are not sad on that day anymore (you know how mum's like to interfere - be happy - she's still here, getting her stamp on things, and still getting her say!).

Big hugs to you hon.

:hugs:

3. aimee-lou

aimee-lou Totally Outnumbered!!

I like that way of thinking about it buffy. I was just about to say, it's a nice way to remember that day and your Mum, and your child will have links with grandma even though she's not around.
    Like you say the chances of a birth actaully on that day are slim to none but maybe there is some grand plan to it all.

4. lalitas charm

lalitas charm Mummy to Bethan & Piplet

Hiya hun, my EDD is very close to my dad's anniversary and every year I get upset about it, this year it will be 11 years. I understand how you feel but I think that it somehow makes them closer to the event as our parents will be very very close in our thoughts at that time when our little ones are making their entrance into the world, perhaps moreso than if the babies were due at the other side of the year. I dont know how much this helps. :hugs: :hugs:

5. littlestar

littlestar Proud Mum to a Little Boy

Aww Honey! :hugs:

Try to think of it as a good Omen! a gift of love and life from your mother by becoming a mum yourself.
    I know it's hard, you'll never forget her but try and reflect a little about what your life with her meant for you and what your life with your little one will become.
    Both life and death are celebrated and i'm sure your mum would want you to remember her with joy and vigour.
    Although your due date is never guaranteed even a birth close to a date such as that will help to cope in years to come.
    Make it special! :hugs:

6. embo216

embo216 Mummy to 3 <3

oh hun, i wouldn't know to feel. i lost my dad November 18th and this one is due a month after the year anniversary of his death. someone said to me that when one soul dies another is born, they said perhaps this little baby is a blessing from my daddy.

i know its not as close hun but I'm trying to think positive about it. massive hugs to you hunny. xxx

7. helz81

helz81 Mum of 3

Aww thankyou all, Im all teary now! xx

8. bloodbinds

My sister was very close to my grandad, and was probably more upset than anyone when he passed away. When she fell pregnant, she was no surprised when her due date fell on his birthday. and no surprise, my first nephew was born on my grandads birthday.
    Then, my sister got pregnant again, and it was no surprise that her 2nd little boy was born on his death day. My nephews were named after my grandad, the first being Joesph, then second being Oliver. After my grandad Joesph Oliver Jones.

It is in no way a surprise you're little baby is due on your mothers death date. It may or may not be her coming back, but it is a way of her showing you that she's here, she's watching, and she's going to be with you all the way through this. You're very lucky.
    x

9. Pippin

Pippin Sam and Adélie-Rose's Mum

I think it's a good thing hon. Something to ease the pain every year and like the ladies said it'll be like she is coming back.

10. maddiwatts19

maddiwatts19 Guest

aww hun :( bless you. its hard, i know. my SIL's baby is due on the same date i lost my baby last year. and its horrible. but it gives us something happy to think of on that day, & i'm sure your mum would love it :hugs: x