Good Idea?

dreabae

Reaction score
Okay so I live 4-5 hours from all of my real friends and family as most know. Well my one "friend" that lives here offered to do my baby shower when I first got pregnant WELL shes like pretty much ditched out and left me. :growlmad: Im so upset and actually have cried over it but what ever.

So Im thinking Im just going to have my own shower at my house. I was thinking about doing a co-ed cook out and inviting every one from my class and some friends that go to the school. I can have some virgin pina coladas for myself and Designated drivers and since Ive been making mixed drinks for years now (mom was a bartender taught me young lol) Id just make everyone drinks and we could all just have a good time.

You think this could work? and should I still invite the friends that dipped out on me?

Of course it could, it's your shower you can plan it however you want :) we want to do a casual cookout type thing for our friends and my mom and OH mom are planning one for their friends and our families that will be a bit more formal and showerish :)

That sounds like a lovely idea sweetheart! I am sorry that your friend ditched you after promising to through you a baby shower :nope: Some women just don't understand pregnancy and the support you need from your friends throughout it. The positives to throwing your own baby shower is you can plan the whole day; who's invited, what food is prepared, what the theme is, where to throw the shower and then on top of all that, you get to make your registry!!! What's not to love about that idea :winkwink:

Best of luck sweetheart, I hope it all works out! xx

Thanks girls! I got some new people that are gunna come over a little before and help set up =]

I think this way not OH can have his friends over and we all can have fun.

I think your idea of the babyshower is nice especially if your planning it on your own the idea is great and yes still invite them , more gifts for LO Lol and they can also see the good job you've done all on your own !

I think that's a great idea. :thumbup:

I actually want to do something like that at the end of the summer. It's my third baby so I don't need a "real" baby shower, but I'd still like to have the family get together to celebrate the baby, especially because we won't be going to see them during Christmas.

I think that's a great idea! I had a similar situation where someone was supposed to throw me a baby shower & talked about it for the entire pregnancy... and then at the last second decided they didn't want to. :Growl: Annddd, now I'm 37 weeks tomorrow 7 already contracting... so it seems a little silly to have a last minute shower before LO gets here since that could really be any day now. :nope: If all goes to plan, we hope to be able to throw an 'introducing baby' type of shower after she gets here. :/

Since you have plenty of time to plan it, you really should throw one for you and your OH. It's your first baby... and having a shower is exciting. You don't want to miss out on something :) The only word of caution is to be careful with the alcohol. I notice you're in the states-- so definitely approach that cautiously. (make sure you have a DD, ensure your friends' parents won't freak, etc.) Not to lecture you! Just want your day to be special. :hugs2:

good luck! :flow:

Haha...the girl who said she'd do mine ended up preg herself...so now my mom's doing it.

I think it's pretty much whatever anymore. I like your plans for yours; it sounds pleasant and fun :)

awee People suck.

I Take keys =D lol and I think were gunna set up tents and things. My best friend died in a drunk driving accident so I dont allow that.

I Take keys =D lol and I think were gunna set up tents and things. My best friend died in a drunk driving accident so I dont allow that.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend that passed. I only mentioned being cautious with the drinking because in my area there have been sooo many teen deaths related to driving (not necessarily alcohol related-- just carelessness). It's so sad. It effects the entire community, because most of us go to the same high school.

I think taking keys is a great idea. That pretty much solves the issue of anyone going out and making a bad decision. :thumbup: Are you still going to play shower games? I didn't know if you were still doing a shower-ish party, or just kind of a casual 'celebration' of baby, but not an outright shower? I still think that having a get together of your friends and OH's friends is a great idea. Why should only the ladies have fun? :winkwink:

Its alright. It was 3 years ago the beginning of last month. Same here it affects out whole community since we all pretty much grew up together and there is only one high school of like 600 people in our town.

I think we'll do some games and just do like one table of girl prizes and one of guys. Im hoping it works out how I want lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->