Good Morning Headache :/

eppgirl

Reaction score
Ugh.
So for the past I believe month, I've had frequent headaches that have now increased to daily. Yesterday and the day before was bad-ish, took tylenol and it did not help.
My doctors were concerned because of high blood pressure, protein in my urine, my headaches, and pain in my upper belly, but they've kinda just been not worrying about it as my BP tends to be all over the place one week it was 143/93 and went up to 155/93 in a matter of 15 min, the next week (or week after that, one) it was 125/77 and last time it was checked (last Tuesday) it was 143/87 if I'm not mistaken.
I'm worried still that I could have pre e and my doctors aren't paying enough attention :( I have swelling in my face and hands, high BP (sometimes?), pain in my upper belly, and protein in my urine.
just recently I've started having these moments where my heart starts racing, my face gets flushed and I can't breathe. Shortness of breath is becoming an issue.
I'm scared I may be blowing this out of proportion but I know I will be informing my doctor of all my symptoms and if he dares say its just a normal pregnancy thing in gonna make an appt. With the nurse practitioner who listens to me and checks me out and is generally concerned for me. All the doctor is worried about is if I'm dilated and having a baby. :dohh:
So sick of him.
Anyways I guess this is mostly a rant but would you ladies be worried about this also? I've woken up to a headache today for the second day in a row.

I'm just so tired of feeling as if somethings not right and the doc just won't listen and brushes me off...

I woke up with a bad headache just now too, sucks. I would be concerned if my bp was all over the place. The beginning of my pregnancy my bp was 138/70 which was high for me so I've always kept an eye on it. Are you able to take it at home or go to Walgreens, they will usually take it for you or have a machine. If you still have a headache that won't go away I would def make a nurse appt, or even try to see a diff Dr for a different opinion

With my last pregnancy i had bad headaches and swelling for weeks and slowly creeping blood pressure but as i had no protein inumy urine, they wernt too concerned then the minute my mw found protein, she sent me to be monitored at the hospital, they kept me in and induced me the next day at 38 weeks due to pre-e.
I'd ask for a second opinion or at the very least, clarification that you dont have it.

It definitely sounds like you have pre-eclampsia. I mean, you pretty much have all of the telltale symptoms. That's ridiculous that they're not doing anything about it, especially with how far along you are. I'd call your doctors and, if they won't do anything, just go into L&D. Pre-e is NOT something you want to mess around with!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->