Good news but still terrified! Is this normal?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Per16, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Per16

Per16 Well-Known Member

Hi ladies, I hope you are all well on this Tuesday morning, as you know I had good news yesterday that I dont need to be operated on and that most of the pain is being caused by a twisted overy! The thing is is that even though we saw baby yesterday and he/she was absolutly perfect i am still terrified of having a misscarriage :cry: I dream about it and end up drenched in sweat trembling, I worry all the time and just cant get what the sonographer said to me out of my head, Darling you can miscarry right up until the birth! I thought that as I am one sleep away from 12 weeks :happydance: I would be ok but now I think I have to be scared the whole way through, I really really dont want to loose our bean, I am in love already , its hard loving something so much and also not having the ability to look after it and make sure it is safe :cry:

I suppose I will feel better when baby is out screaming! Does anyone else feel like this or have I well and truly lost the plot?

:hug: :hug:

2. KrystalBrown

KrystalBrown Well-Known Member

Hi hunny.. Dont you worry about a thing. You got your self a sticky bean. Once you get past 12 weeks.. which i see your a day away (or three days maybe mesured in your altrasound) Your chance of miscarrying is 3 percent or something like that. So dont you get yourself worried and start getting excited about being a mommy :) You sound like you will be a great one. Its very normal to be worried but dont get overly worried your little button will be fine.. Have a great rest of your pregnancy.. Your button is verrrry cute. Congrats. I cant wait until me 12 week scan only 5 more weeks to go. WOW...seems like forever lol :)

3. third time

third time Well-Known Member

Hey - I don't think the fear ever goes, I'm 9 weeks today and saw heartbeat at 8 weeks, but have now convinced myself that my baby has stopped growing!! I think it's just what we go through if we've experienced bad things before!!!

Good Luck and try to stay positive

Amy xx

4. babybuffy84

babybuffy84 Happy new mummy :)

Oh hunny am sending you a ton of :hug::hug: but your risk does drop dramatically after 12 weeks but i dont think the worry willl ever stop even once there born too i think its our bodies way of saying get used to it now cause it never stops :rofl::rofl: !!!!!! :rofl:

5. Per16

Per16 Well-Known Member

Thank guys, I know it is totally irrational as if anything did happen there is nothing we can do but I think because we love the buttons so much we want it all to go really well! I am 12 weeks tomorrow! I kinda cant wait for this day to be over and get to Wednesday!!!!!

Good luck ladies, maybe some yoga will help us out!

6. Rebaby

Rebaby Mama to 2 boys

Oh hun :hugs: i really sympathise.

I am a total worry wart. I told myself i'd stop worrying when we had the early scan but i didn't, i tell myself i'll stop worrying after the next scan but i won't, then i'll probably say i'll stop worrying at 12 weeks...but i won't! Then it will be, oh i'll relax when we get to 24 weeks...but nope! I think for me, the worrying is here to stay!!!! :hissy:

All i can do is to try and keep a lid on it, and remind myself that worrying won't stop the thing i am worrying about from happening. I'm actually having a really positive day today, all considered.

The one thing that is driving me mad is every time i confess my worries to someone they say " don't worry, it's not good for the baby!"...oh great! That's another thing for me to worry about then! Thanks!!!!! :rofl:

Big :hug: