Good news kinda

honeybunch2k7

Reaction score
I asked OH if we could TTC in a week (ok maybe I asked a lot lol), and he said we'll see.

It's not a yes, but its better than an outright no so I suppose we are making progress.

I marked my fertile dates on our calendar for him to see.

He thinks I'm very desperate for a baby. I'm starting to feel a bit desperte to be honest.

A family member of mine recently died. I can see that I may not have all the time in the world. I think we should JUST DO IT.

:baby::baby::baby:

:hug: Congrats on your progress. I agree with your 'JUST DO IT' attitude; if you both want it, go for it - there is no sense hanging around, no 'good time' to have a baby. When it happens, it happens, and it will change and brighten both your lives forever.

Best of luck for the future x

Update. OH has gone from "we'll see" to "maybe." Hopefull, that is closer to yes!!! I'm fertile Friday, just a few more days. Wish me luck!!!

There probably won't be any TTC since there is a storm heading our way (google Gustav), and we may have to evacuate. :cry:

:hissy::hissy::hissy:

Oh no! I hope everything is okay! :hugs:

There probably won't be any TTC since there is a storm heading our way (google Gustav), and we may have to evacuate. :cry:

:hissy::hissy::hissy:

Your OH sounds just like mine - he sometimes says we'll see, then he'll say maybe - but as I want to TTC soon then he has no choice lol.

I really hope that everythings ok and u dont have to evacuate x :hug:

Ooh, hope things are okay and you don't have to evacuate! And if you don't then i really hope that maybe means yes for you! xx

Maybe I can talk him into impregnating me tomorrow. Hopefully we wouldn't have to leave until Sunday or Monday which would give us at least 2 days of :sex:. We already have a date scheduled for tomorrow-dinner and I hope baby making. :D

*UPDATE*
There was no baby making, and we do have to evacuate. He said maybe next month. He's afraid I wont have a job when I get back.

Gutted for you - but at least you know you will be trying soon. My fella is a bit like yours - he really wants kids with me but is unsure about timing - I keep telling him there isnt a right time but I think he is worried cos I already have a daughter from a pre marriage and my marriage ended not long after but this wasnt down to my daughter being born it was completely different reasons. I also think he worries about how it will change our relationship because we have a lot of free time without my daugher while she is at her dads which we make the most of by going out, having long lie in's and when we have our own they will be here 24 hours a day. He also worries about our sex life, we have a great sex life - better than either of us have had in previous relationships and experiment a lot and seem to enjoy all the same things and rarely go a night without making love, its a very big part of our relationship - obviously when I am pregnant and when the baby is small this will change and I think that worries him a lot. But that said I thought I was pregnant last month when I was 2 weeks late and when the test was negative - he was gutted and said he was sad he couldnt call himself a daddy to be. - Men just aren't the same as us women when it comes to wanting babies!!

OH and I had a talk this morning.

It wasn't pretty.

He admitted his fears. He says he's afraid of being poor if we have a child. (Yet, when I was pregnant he wouldn't listen to me when I told him some baby things could wait. Also, I had to buy the baby stuff I wanted myself, but he want to help buy the stuff he wanted and he tries to pick the most expensive stuff. I'll buy stuff secondhand and he doesn't like that)However, he is not open to letting me stay at home or maybe even work at home, that itself increases the cost of having a baby (childcare, breast pumps, etc.) My OH makes makes decent money,too. Sometimes I think he only cares about money!!!

Then he said he's afraid I'll have post partum depression, which he does have a point. He said he's afraid that he'll be doing all the work. I told him if that was a big concern then I could go get some help. Then he's like,"What makes you think counseling is for everybody???"

Then he asked what I would do about school. I told him that could wait a bit, and he didn't like that answer. I'm not sure if school is for me, I'm not exactly sure what I want to major in after 3 years. I feel like I'm wasting time and money. I think I'd be happier as an entrepreneur. I don't think he'd like that idea though.

Then he said that I only wanted a baby b/c everybody else had one. He said I only wanted to be pregnant. Excuse me??? There's nothing wrong with a woman desiring a baby especially after a miscarriage. I just don't think he gets it.

What a rollercoster dear! 5 years? Is he mad?
I am going through a similar thing with my guy. He is so worried about money, and my health, and loads of other stuff. I think it would be so much easier if we had an "accident"
:hugs:

What a rollercoster dear! 5 years? Is he mad?I am going through a similar thing with my guy. He is so worried about money, and my health, and loads of other stuff. I think it would be so much easier if we had an "accident"

I think so. My grandma agrees with him,too, so now he really won't change his mind. In fact, she tried to make me promise her I wouldn't get pregnant until after I graduated. Um, no!!!

OMG I think I'm going to die!!!

I know what's gonna happen. I'll graduate, then he still wont want a baby. Then he'll say,"Oh let's wait a few more years to get your career off the ground." :sad1:

I really dont know what to say other than sorry, men just dont understand a womans mind and vice versa! I hope you can sort things out and not have to wait 5 years :hugs:

Its so tricky - you could wait all that time for nothing!
I think men need to be eased into the idea of having babies.

I was a proud non-parent - just seeing the hassle and financial drain - until I hit 30 and then its like something clicked and now I'm desperate to start a family.

But... I think your bloke isn't going to have that switch.
Is he open to talking about it at all?

My bloke has asked that we wait 'till Jan 2010.
But I can't stop talking about it and he's joining in conversations about parenting techniques and learning about baby nutrition and everything - he seems to be taking it all in....

Maybe you need to chip away at it...

What a rollercoster dear! 5 years? Is he mad?I am going through a similar thing with my guy. He is so worried about money, and my health, and loads of other stuff. I think it would be so much easier if we had an "accident"

I think so. My grandma agrees with him,too, so now he really won't change his mind. In fact, she tried to make me promise her I wouldn't get pregnant until after I graduated. Um, no!!!

OMG I think I'm going to die!!!

I know what's gonna happen. I'll graduate, then he still wont want a baby. Then he'll say,"Oh let's wait a few more years to get your career off the ground." :sad1:

So sorry that he says you have to wait that long. My OH is also wanting me to wait until i finish my degree before we can try and like you i'm sure that once that happens in 2 years he'll come up with another reason that i'll have to wait a few years more.

I know how you're feeling, and i'm sorry to hear of all the stuff he said to you about only wanting a baby because everyone else has one, that's awful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->