Good places for baby clothes

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by 1stTimeMum33, Jun 5, 2011.

1. 1stTimeMum33

1stTimeMum33 Well-Known Member

Can anyone recommend places to look for baby clothes? I've picked up a few basics from Asda but the only other places I know to look are Mothercare and Mamas and Papas.

Thanks in advance.

2. sueh81

sueh81 Mummy to 1 & 1 on the way

we have got some gorgeous outfits from bhs - they have a buy one get one half price offer on at the mo too - and it includes sale items so we had some right bargains!!
    you could even try h&m they have cute babywear and m&s
    xx

3. Gnomer

Gnomer Expecting number 2!

H&M have the cutest stuff!
    I've been looking in debenhams too, newlook, next, and marks and spencers. And there is always tesco too!
    You can find some adorable stuff all over these days!

4. JMC82

JMC82 Well-Known Member

Next, H&M, Boots, Sainsburys, Debenhams x

5. lau86

lau86 Well-Known Member

I am only really buying the cotton all in ones at the moment, haven't bought any proper clothes but I've found m&s and George to be the best quality x

6. x-TyMa-x

x-TyMa-x Proud Mummy Of 2 xx

NEXT!! I love next baby clothes, Debenhams do nice stuff too, erm Matalan do a babyrange too x

7. DollFaceJessi

DollFaceJessi Pregnant with a princess

Target. I was suprised at their selection, and prices.

8. Periwinkle

Periwinkle Well-Known Member

I would agree that H&M stuff is sooo cute. There's some nice things in Tesco too.

9. jacks mummy

jacks mummy Well-Known Member

next i love next all my baby girls babygrows are from there or mothercare! they have built in scratch mits which i found amazing with my son, as for some reason tiny babies manage to pull off there scratch mits and scratch there faces!! :wacko: i dnt no how they do it lol
    other places are matalan, H&M, zara, tesco and i love asda but i cannot reccomend next enough such good quality i get most of my sons clothes from there! xx

10. charxxx

charxxx Mum & Expecting again

H&M, BHS, Next, Primark (50p for pack of 2 pairs of scratch mitts- so good for basics), daisyzoo.com, thelemontub.co.uk, beautyandthebib.com, ebay, pumpkin patch, T.K.Maxx, Tesco, The disney store, Adams, Woolworths online, vertbaudet.co.uk, Peacocks, Matalan?

Theres just a few, I'm forever discovering good places for baby and kids clothes lol :) xx

11. KRB87

KRB87 Well-Known Member

I've picked up bits in Asda, Marks and Spencer and Tesco so far - just basics really as staying team yellow.

12. hayley x

hayley x 1AngelSon,1EarthDaughter

Some of my favourite bits for this little one are from pumpkin patch :D We have lots from mothercare and next as I find their sleepsuits the best x

13. KRB87

KRB87 Well-Known Member

I love Pumpkin Patch for maternity. Haven't looked there for LO yet as I was only 14 weeks when I needed maternity jeans.

14. charxxx

charxxx Mum & Expecting again

I second that, Pumpkin patch do some lovely things and T.K.Maxx stock there clothes aswell so they work out abit cheaper :) xx

15. heather91

heather91 Preggers with 2nd

I get the majority of baby clothes from next and gap. Next babygrows are Brill they wash well and have scratch mits which you just fold over x

16. bungle

bungle Mummy of 2 girls

Sainsburys baby clothes are brill especially when they have 25% off!

17. RHR

RHR Mummy 2 Isabelle & Sophie

Hi hun, I love clothes from Asda, next, sainsburys, Tesco. I'm on a budget but for us, have found supermarket clothes good quality andf fit my dd better then spending a bit in more expensive shops.

Mothercare, for my dd doesn't fit her very well at all, so I personally avoid there, bu they do have some nice things in though.

18. wigglywoo

wigglywoo Pregnant with #2

You can't beat Next for quality and value IMO. Tesco do good quality basics and outfits. I LOVE Monsoon and Joules too, but mostly when they have a sale on!

Also look at Frugi. Lovely, organic clothing which is different to what you can buy on the high street. It is expensive but especially if you use cloth, is so worth it. They have a unisex range.

I'm also staying team yellow. I wouldn't bother buying much tbh. When the baby arrives you get bought so much! I only have a few white sleepsuits and bodysuits, a couple of blankets, hats and booties. I'm not getting anything else until the baby is born and I know what other people have bought us :)

19. 1stTimeMum33

1stTimeMum33 Well-Known Member

Thanks for all your replies. I'm trying to be as organised as possible and spread the cost a little bit. Plus I don't fancy struggling out to the shops in the middle of winter (especially if we get snow like the last 2 years) and doing battle with the Christmas shoppers. :shock:

20. chele

chele Mummy to Max & Hayden

Sainsburys!!!!

95% of Max's clothes are from there.
    John Lewis is good too but a bit more pricey. Primark stuff and BHS stuff washes weird and just grows in my washing machine. I got a few cute bits from BabiesRus of all places as well. Tesco as well

But def Sainsburys!