Google is not helping..does anyone know what this could be?

zestygirl

1994, 2000 Hoping for #3!
Reaction score
I am 4 days late for AF. I've been tracking my AF for over 5 years, and never been this late. Ever.
I have evidence of ovulation, higher temp, consistently. Including today.
I have a negative pregnancy test as of yesterday morning.
I have a stabbing pain (not too severe, but it does hurt) on my right ovary.
I have very VERY VERY sore bbs. (Unusual.)

If I failed to ovulate, wouldn't my temp be lower?
If I was pregnant, wouldn't I a +HPT by now?
If I ovulated and am not pregnant, how could my Luteal phase be greater than 15 days??

Anyway, since so many of you are well versed in various oddities, I though I might get some idea of what I'm looking for.

I really appreciate your help. I don't really know what to do....

Hmm does FF say anything about your flat temperatures? I have to say I've never seen a chart like yours before with so many identical temps:wacko: is this your first month charting or does it usually look like this? Sorry for all the questions but I would normally lean heavily on bbt charting, opks, and cm together to put an opinion out there and your chart is unlike a normal bbt fluctuating so it's really hard to say.

Charting aside I would say you ovulated later than you thought as by 15 dpo you would have more than likely had a bfp or af by now unless by some chance your having an annovulatory cycle. Perhaps if nothing gives in the next week have your bloods tested just to be sure!

I would definitely test. It should show up by now. When I found out I was pg, I took a Dollar Tree test and the line was dark! I was like a week late. Even now, you should have a faint line. Best of luck.

I think it is possible to have a luteal phase longer than 15 days. This is from the wikipedia article:

"The human luteal phase lasts between ten and sixteen days, the average being fourteen days."

So give it another day or two and test again?

Hmm does FF say anything about your flat temperatures? I have to say I've never seen a chart like yours before with so many identical temps:wacko: is this your first month charting or does it usually look like this? Sorry for all the questions but I would normally lean heavily on bbt charting, opks, and cm together to put an opinion out there and your chart is unlike a normal bbt fluctuating so it's really hard to say.

Charting aside I would say you ovulated later than you thought as by 15 dpo you would have more than likely had a bfp or af by now unless by some chance your having an annovulatory cycle. Perhaps if nothing gives in the next week have your bloods tested just to be sure!

You are right. Weird because I forgot to record the first few days, but I was temping and I was getting very flat temps, only 36.1 pre O and only 36.3-36.5 post O. While its true my temps look flatter that they probe were, I have not strayed outside those, except for the pre O dip to 35.9. I am wondering if its a cyst or even ectopic....I have already had both, and ectopic on the right where I am currently having pain....

I have a luteal phase of 16 days (usually), I agree with the above posters - wait a couple of days and if your temps are still high, test again.
Some ladies don't get a positive test until days after AF is due, due to a late implantation or low starting HCG levels - keep temping and good luck!

Thx to you ladies. I have thought about it and realize its true, I may not have o'd until Feb 14 or even 15. I might be dealing with an extra long follicular, mot luteal phase after all. So, the question still remains what this chronic ovarian type stabbing pain could be, and if I'm PG. I think I'll be smart to allow a 15 (my max) LP and retest on March 3rd. Wow, that's like, 4more days! DH and I did BD just late enough for me to be 'in', so I will cross my fingers. Today is my 40th birthday. I told my DH what I wish for more than anything is a baby. Sure hope it comes true.

I didnt get a BFP one week after my missed period... granted it was a missed period ON THE PILL so I'm not actually sure when it "should" have come.. but I DID get a BFP 8 days after :)

it is possible to have an LP of more than 15 days :) when I fell pregnant with DD I had an LP of 18-25 days and atm I have an LP of 19 days. so it is entirely possible.

hoping you get a bfp though! *fingers crossed*

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->