Got a bfp today....but..advice needed

hmcx

Reaction score
Hi
I don't know if this is the right place to post but I got a positive test today, that would put me at 4 1/2-5 weeks.

But I've just come back from a trip away today and was drinking quite a lot. So I'm worrying myself.

2 days ago I had about 1 1/2 bottles of prosecco
And 2 days before that about 2 bottles.

I haven't told my husband yet as I'm too worried.

Congrats!

I just got my bfp this week too :)

I don't know any technical info about this but I know of it were me I would just be thinking - what's done is done . There's nothing you can do about it now . So many people drink in their tww and you may not have even implanted at thAt stage . No point in worrying !

Good luck and congrats xx

Please try not to panic. The weekend before I got my BFP with my son, I was on a weekend long bender complete with mixed drinks, cocktails and ciggerettes. I was so worried but my Dr told me not to panic, people do these things after unknowingly concievably all the time.

I'm sure you will be fine lovely, if your still concerned, maybe give your GP a call and see what they say :)

Congratulations z

I wouldn't worry too much. Just make sure you are taking folic acid as that's really key at this point. The weekend before I got a bfp, I drank A LOT. I had just had a miscarriage the month before and had wanted so badly to get pregnant again. I'd been feeling sick for a week. I took a test on the Friday knowing we had house guests coming to stay with us and I was sure I was pregnant so wanted to know for sure so I could make an excuse not to drink. It was completely negative. I was so depressed. I definitely had at least a bottle of wine a day over those 3 days. I continued to feel so sick the following week and took another test on the Wednesday and it was clearly positive. Very early on there is very little that crosses over to baby and I wouldn't worry about it too much. There are loads of people who don't find out they're pregnant until much later and drink more than that. All turns out fine. I'd just do your best now to take care of yourself and take your vitamins and each well. Congrats on your pregnancy!

I agree. I drank a bit before I got my BFP and was told not to worry about it.

Same here! With my son, I drank quite a bit at my SIL's wedding (it was also my birthday that day too), 2 days later I had a bfp. Told my doctor and he said to stop drinking now that I'm pregnant (obviously) and everything should be fine, my son is 5 years old and healthy! Now I'm expecting baby number 2 and I also drank semi-heavily 3 days before my BFP. I'm 24 weeks pregnant and all is well too! Try and relax :)

I was googling and kept seeing contradicting reports.
I'm feeling a bit more relaxed today
Thanks for your responses

Still haven't told my husband,
I think I'm also a bit worried because we had an early loss in January.
I might go and do a clear blue later and then show him.

Sorry for your loss, go ahead and take the test, and show him when you feel ready. I'm sure he'll be thrilled! Maybe just keep it your and his little secret until you feel comfortable telling anyone else. Best of luck!

Step away from Google.

Most people you will find carry on with life before their BFP, wine, nights out, foods not advised during pregnancy etc etc - The most important is what you do from your BFP... over thinking it will send you insane.

Congrats on your BFP :wohoo:

It happens I had several drinks around the holidays before my BFP with the boys. This time We were in the preventing phase but ended up pregnant again, had no clue. I found out when we got back from a cruise in which I had a $300 full on credit and $150-200 of it went to alcohol and I never spent a dime. Needless to say I had a lot to drink then found out less then a week later I was pregnant. It happens but my boys came out fine and this LO is doing well so far!

What everyone else said - the concern of alcohol during pregnancy is repeated and prolonged exposure. I wouldn't worry about it. I accidentally had one (two?) too many a few days before getting my bfp as well. It happens. Grab some prenatals and congrats on your bfp!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->