Got a bit of a shock and now i'm bummed out :(

Chellepot

Mummy to 1 and baking No2
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Well my hubby dropped a bombshell. We have found out that 2 weeks after my due date he is being deployed :(

At first I cried (and cried and cried), now i've resolved that this is the life we lead being in the forces and I should get a grip but I still feel like poo :cry:

Now there is a twist to this story - they have said that he can delay his deployment by a month which is great as he will be guaranteed not to miss the birth but if he chooses this option his deployment will be a month longer than the original one! So we chatted and decided that the first option looks like the best as I will be alone with the baby for a shorter time and he wont be missing too much of LO's first months. It will be hard enough as it is but I dont have family near by so the less time he is away the better really.

I am now nervous in case I go overdue that he might miss the birth as I know they dont induce till about day 12 at my hospital. Do you think, if I do go overdue, they might consider inducing me a bit earlier if I explain our situation? :shrug:

I don't know whether they would induce earlier than policy - but I hope they do!

But baby could be early, on time or late! They come when they want. Get going on the start labour tactics from when its safe.

FXD xxxx

:hug: I'm sorry - it must be so difficult.

I'd definitely speak to your midwife/ hospital now about the possibility of an earlier induction if you go overdue - hopefully they can be flexible given your circumstances.

Good luck !

No idea about induction dates but I didn't want to read and run.
Sending you lots of hugs, hope it all works out
:hugs:

Im sure midwife would do a sweep if you asked her and explained situation.

aww i'm sorry hun :hugs:
i would def talk to your doctor or midwife about induction. my husband got deployed when i was 9 weeks. he comes home for his 2 weeks r&r a couple days before my due date and since we will only have those 2 weeks my doctor agreed that he would induce after my due date if i havent gone into labor on my own so it never hurts to ask

aww i'm sorry hun :hugs:
i would def talk to your doctor or midwife about induction. my husband got deployed when i was 9 weeks. he comes home for his 2 weeks r&r a couple days before my due date and since we will only have those 2 weeks my doctor agreed that he would induce after my due date if i havent gone into labor on my own so it never hurts to ask

Thats very reassuring to know, thanks. I hope all goes well for you :hugs:

A horrible choice to have to make regards his going away :(

There's a lot of military units in my area and I understand my local hospital will induce once you reach 40 weeks if the partner is an active serviceman who is about to be deployed. Definitely discuss with your midwife asap to find out what happens in your area.

Good luck!

Hi ladies,

Well my hubby dropped a bombshell. We have found out that 2 weeks after my due date he is being deployed :(

At first I cried (and cried and cried), now i've resolved that this is the life we lead being in the forces and I should get a grip but I still feel like poo :cry:

Now there is a twist to this story - they have said that he can delay his deployment by a month which is great as he will be guaranteed not to miss the birth but if he chooses this option his deployment will be a month longer than the original one! So we chatted and decided that the first option looks like the best as I will be alone with the baby for a shorter time and he wont be missing too much of LO's first months. It will be hard enough as it is but I dont have family near by so the less time he is away the better really.

I am now nervous in case I go overdue that he might miss the birth as I know they dont induce till about day 12 at my hospital. Do you think, if I do go overdue, they might consider inducing me a bit earlier if I explain our situation? :shrug:

fingers crossed yr baby comes a few days before yr due date xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->