Got a successful homebirth! - updated with link to story

barbarap

Reaction score
link to birth story:
https://www.babyandbump.com/birth-s...itive-homebirth-05-01-2011-a.html#post8622366

Everyone,

Will post my full story soon, just wanted to say that my baby Natalie was born in the comfort of her own home on Wednesday, Jan 5th at 9:45am.

Small summary: 1st baby, 10 hour labour beginning to end, used birthing pool for a while (saved my life!), didn't use gas and air and didn't manage to use my hypnobirthing 'skills'. Didn't feel I really needed to but I'm convinced all the time invested paid off in terms of how ready I was and when the time came I just went along with what my body wanted and needed to do.

She's a little angel (5lb 13 oz) but is feeding well and got 10 out of 10 on the Apgar score, midwives say she's a very healthy baby.

Unfortunately, even though apparently 98% of GPs make home visits, mine is not one of them, I'll take her to the surgery on Monday, don't feel too thrilled about exposing her to germs but she has to be checked...

Will be back soon...

B.

Many congratulations! Can't wait to see your full birth story! x

Wow congrats and well done!! Sounds like my ideal homebirth! :D

congrats hun! Sounds like "skils" were so embedded in you that you never needed to conscientiously use them. That's ultimately how I hope it is for me. :) Can't wait to read the rest!

congrats on your little girl! Can't wait to read the full story, it sounds wonderful!

Fab birth story! :thumbup: Congratulations and well done to you! :flower: And welcome to your new little girl! :happydance:

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"