Got back from hospital at 1am ¬.¬ **update page 3**

J

Jadeyydoe

Just after doing this thread https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-second-trimester/237056-im-scared-get-checked.html I started having pains and as I went into the living room to sit with David the pains got so bad I fell to the floor in tears, screaming from the pain!
David rang midwife who told us to call emergency number on my paperwork, that midwife put him through to someoneelse who told him to call an ambulance!
The paramedic was amazing he was so lovely nad understood what I was going through as hes just had a daughter, so we had some nice talks and he calmed me don, offered me some gas and air ect.
Had to be put in A&E and wait to be put into princess anne.
Needed to wee loads so paramedic told me to hold it in and them to hurry up cos im bursting, he left, I had to wait another 45 mins until I could wee :wacko: then David just went out and told them to bring me a pot to piss in lol
Then a doctor came started asking me whats happened then explain while feeling around my belly that she has NO experience with pregnant women and hates it when they comein cos she has no idea what shes doing but then says "well your tummy feels fine so everything should be okay" HOW THE FLUFF WOULD YOU KNOW IF MY TUMMY FEELS FINE YOU DONT KNOW WHAT ITS SUPPOSED TO FEEL LIKE AND YOU JUST TOLD ME YOU DONT KNOW!!
Then she rang doctor at princess anne ho tld me to go home and call midwife for a doppler tomorrow and everythings PROBABLY okay
oh well if its PROBABLY okay thats fine then
I WANT TO KNOW ITS DEFINATELY OKAY NOT PROBABLY!!
she said we can go home once my needles out, I had to wait 45 mins for that until David had a go telling them to get it out of me now cos we want to go home so this woman stormed in and basically ripped the bloody thing out as if it wasnt attached to my bloody weins :growlmad:
and the doctor told me next time go to a midwife first before I call an abulance!! WE WENT TO 3 MIDWIFES FIRST!!!!!!:growlmad::dohh:
They bloody well take the piss!
I am not happy :growlmad::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:
AND I still dont know if my baby is okay, my tummy has gone from hard to soft so opefully that means its moving around, but saying its probably okay is NOT reasurring in anyway!
URGH!! I just want to cry and attack people at the same time lol
:cry::growlmad::cry::growlmad::cry::growlmad:

Oh my gosh, I can't believe that happened! So much for being reassured! :growlmad:

Some people can be so insensitive sometimes, and why the heck did they send a woman who knows jack crap about pregnancy to check on you...????

Anyway, how you feeling now hun?

and the doctor told me next time go to a midwife first before I call an abulance!! WE WENT TO 3 MIDWIFES FIRST!!!!!!:growlmad::dohh:

You do what YOU feel is right.

I ended up with a stupid fat plonker in outpatients who hadnt a feking clue what was wrong with me. He spent so much time faffing about that in about 2 hours later i was 9cm dilated and ready to give birth. That could have been prevented if I had only ignored them and went straight to the labour unit.

Time is critical so sod what anyone else says, you can never ever be too careful!

oh hun that sound awful. did you call the mw that told you to call and let them know what happened? I would find some one to complain to. Hope you get answers soon.:hugs:

oh hun that sound awful. did you call the mw that told you to call and let them know what happened? I would find some one to complain to. Hope you get answers soon.:hugs:

I agree, I would complain as well.

wow that's incredible. I am at loss of words. COMPLAIN IMMEDIATELY! This is outrageous. When can you find out if it is indeed okay? The pains like that are not normal, and they should have checked you and the bubs not just your tummy. How can these people call themselves doctors I have no clue. I am so sorry you had to go through this xxxxxxxxxxx Are you feeling a little better??

that is a horrible thing of happened to you. Im so sorry, Make sure you let your midwife no what has happened and find out from her if you can have a number for labour and delivery or the early pregnancy unit. I no in the hospital i go to your classed as early pregnancy till 22 weeks. But they still have a ward. Then if you have any worrys you can contact them direct. Make sure you complane to the hospital cause thats not on

That is really bad. Kick up a stink!

Hope you feel better soon xx

omg im sorry youv been through that :growlmad: it really pisses me off the way pregnant woman get treated in some places. i hope things turn out ok for you hun and you dont have to go through any of this again :hugs::hugs:

xxx

Contact PALS, that is the best place to make your complaint. This is no way to treat a worried, pregnant woman.

I am okay now, still very worried :(
I think I also have a urine infection now ¬.¬ joy more antibiotics lol
I'm seeing my midwife tomorrow, shes lovely so hopefully se'll help out!
I'm not much of a complain person, I'm kinda scared to, I don't even know how!

That is truely shocking hunny. I would not of stood for that. I would of said im not going home till you check this baby out properly!! shocking!!

That is so f**king wrong...Hope you and the baby are ok thought

What hospital is this? I'll get the contact details to make a complaint for you. Xx

I am okay now, still very worried :(
I think I also have a urine infection now ¬.¬ joy more antibiotics lol
I'm seeing my midwife tomorrow, shes lovely so hopefully se'll help out!
I'm not much of a complain person, I'm kinda scared to, I don't even know how!

Yeah I know how you feel, I'm not much of a complain person either...I just go ahead with what I'm offered. That's the NHS for you - you either get it good or you get it really bad. Let's just hope you get better treatment next time.

Your midwife should be able to reassure you better, she's gona listen to the heartbeat right? Maybe it's still a bit early to feel around for the baby - my MW hasn't tried to feel the baby's position yet :shrug: Anyway, good luck to you and your little one. Don't stress yourself out, I think you'd just KNOW if something was really wrong.
:hugs:

Hiya, just in from work have been thinking about you all day. I cannot belive how badly you have been treated I really cant. I would deffo make a complaint. I hope you get the answers you want soon there is nothing worse than waiting.

Awww hun, its horrible how u bin treated. I had my 1st in princess anne....prt of the reason why im having a home birth this time lol i hated it there!!!!

Hope everything is ok when u see mw tomorrow xxx

I personally would take myself back down a & e or the maternity triage unit and refuse to move intill the either

a:scanned me or
b:Checked for a heartbeat

I'm sure everything will be fine but like you said.. Saying it just isn't reassurance enough!!!

xxxx

Jadeyydoe I really hope all goes well tomorrow :hugs:

I am really sorry you were treated so badly :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back