got doppler today yaaah :)

lesbianlove

mummy to 3 boys :)
Reaction score
hey ladies hope u all are well, i got my doppler through today and straight away me and my partner ran up the stairs to our bed lol to lie there and get heartbeat, only took me 5 mins thanks to the advice of many mum on here :) even tho my uterus has popped baby is still right behind my pubic bone and i knew i was close when i heard the sound of the placenta im soo chuffed :) have my scan next wednesday so something to keep me occupied til then

Yay!!! How exciting!! Congrats on finding it so quickly...that's awesome! :)

yeah i had jsut read a few posts on finding babys hb so knew what to look out for i kinda wished id bought it earlier now lol

Cool, thats such a great sound to hear!
Good luck for next week with your scan.

Congratulations hun... my doppler came today too and laid straight down and have a listen. Found it straight away. Such an amazing sound and so impressed i found it so early.

Good luck for your scan.. i have mine next Monday and feel a little more relaxed now i've heard the heartbeat :D

xx

Awww! That's so lovely!
Do you mind me asking how to actually use the doppler!?
Mine should arrive today and Ive just realised that I have no idea how to use it! :dohh:
Im a bit behind you, and cant really feel anything and have no idea where baby is, as have had no pains, no cramps, hardly any bloat and definitely no movement (or none that Im aware of) and Im not very in tune with my body... sorry to be a pain! xx

Awww! That's so lovely!
Do you mind me asking how to actually use the doppler!?
Mine should arrive today and Ive just realised that I have no idea how to use it! :dohh:
Im a bit behind you, and cant really feel anything and have no idea where baby is, as have had no pains, no cramps, hardly any bloat and definitely no movement (or none that Im aware of) and Im not very in tune with my body... sorry to be a pain! xx

I found the best way was to point it down further than you would think. If you cant find anything go a lot futher to the side, if not try the other side. You need to aim the doppler rather than just plonking it if you get what I mean. I used to always find Nathan on the left side when he was small.
Use loads of the gel, you hear it much better the more you use. If you can't find it, drink some water, quite a bit and try again.
Try not to mistake your own pulse or the placenta. It is easily done. The heartbeat is way faster ad sounds like a thumping sound where s your placenta is a wooshing and your pulse is slower.

Good luck :D

I ordered one last night, can't wait for it to come! x

What kind of doppler do you guys suggest??

Guys!!! Ive just tried my doppler again and picked it up!!! Was bursting to go to the toilet so thought id try it while bladder was full, spent 20 minutes with it poking around down low and then went right in the middle of my belly button and pelvis which was higher than where I thought it would be and bingo!! Average 167 bpm

Hubby and I were sat there like cheshire cats, giggling, smiling, theyre great! Sooo glad I bought one! Thats me happy for today now :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->