got flu!! now im really worrid :(

jacks mummy

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
Ok so yesterday I was feeling off but just thought it was me being pregnant but by the time bedtime rolled around I could barley walk :( I've only had flu twice before in my whole life, I am booked to see the doc at 3.30pm I'm just so worrid about beany cos if I'd of gone to the docs before I got flu they would of given me a flu jab that they give to all pregnant women, also I want to no what I can take?? I'm pretty sure its only paracetamol any advice would be really appreciated xxx

Paracetimols is the only thing. take them every 4 hours to keep any fevers at bay. Also drink plenty of fluids to keep hydrated. I have had the flu and a tummy bug and so far baby is fine

I had the flu 2 weeks ago when i was 10 weeks and felt terrible! i went to the Drs and he said there wasnt too much he could give me to make me feel better he just told me to take paracetamol and drink alot of water. i was very worried because my temp was so high and i really felt ill but within 3days i was ok and i had a private scan as soon as i was better just to put my mind at rest! hope u feel better soon xxx

Sorry you're feeling so rough. As has been said above, regular paracetamol and plenty of water and of course rest. I'm sure you will be fine and hope you feel better asap.

As above have said take paracetamol and rest! Most pregnant women are fine with the flu....dont worry about what youve seen in the papers, the problems are usually later on in pregnancy, this is what my own GP told me anyway. The main thing is to try and keep your temperature down which paracetamols will do. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->