got ivf appointment.....

kristy87

Reaction score
hey, we went for our last fs appt 2nd march, and she reluctantly referred us to dundee for ivf (she was reluctant as im only 21) but this morning we got our first appt through. im excited, and scared :muaha:

but good thing is, i was reading the booklet and they still transfer two embyros.

can anyone tell me what happens in the 1st appt? my best friend had triplets through ivf 3 and a half years ago. i know things have changed since then so just wondering what everyone thought of first appt

thanks

xxxx

Can't help you about your appointment but just wanted to wish you luck!

i had my first appointment not long ago hun, and everything went fine, they tested me for PCOS had a scan etc for everything else, came back negative, and then they told me there was nothing more they could do for me as im only 21, but our Dr never told us that, the Drs said i should get seen because in 3 years we've had 3 losses and a chemical pregnancy but still no they said to go back at 23. But then i have heard others didn't have the barrier with the age gap, so fingers crossed you dont. good luck xx

Just wanted to wish you luck!

hi

My first appointment was to arranging blood tests and any other test we needed like SA and checked my tubes wern't blocked. We read through some of the form and signed any we needed too.

Hi Hun,
My first appointment at the ACU clinic was on March 24th it was agroup meeting and we were all informed about what the IVF treatment involved etc then we had a quich one to one with a nurse who arranged for me & OH to have our bloods taken to check for infections and my hormone levels, OH also had his SA. This was all completed on the same day, we had our consent signing booked for 6th April, signed all the necessary paperwork and was told that both OH & I where negative on all infections and my FSH was in the nortmal range 7.8.
I was then asked which CD I was on after replying 17 she said in that case we'll start your Burselin injections on CD 24.
Im now on day 7 of my burselin injections and I have my baseline scan booked for April 29th.

So for me Ive been incredibly lucky that from my first appointment to starting teatment took excatly 3 weeks !!!!!!
However because I live in Birmingham we are only entitled to one try on the NHS and our clinic operate a strict single embryo transfer policy.

Good Luck with all your treatment and I hope it goes quickly for you.
Sarah
:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->