Got My Mat Leave Sorted :)

zorak

Reaction score
I am so pleased, I officially agreed my mat leave with my boss today. I am in the US but due to the small size of the office I work in my company does not qualify for FMLA. My boss had said at the very start she'd be happy to give me a total of 12 weeks off using a combination of vacation, state disability and unpaid leave. However, after finding out that California offers 6 weeks disability pay for a vaginal birth and 6 weeks family bonding time (paid like disability) I asked if I could extend my leave a bit.

So my last day of work is the 30th Aug (I'm due Sept 5th) and I don't return until the 9th Dec. So, I'm getting about 14 weeks.:happydance: The other good thing is that since I am going back in the middle of Dec this is our quietest time so I will have plenty of opportunity to work from home or just pop into the office with baby for a couple of hours. So he won't have to really start daycare full time until Jan when he will be about 4 months. :happydance:

I'm so lucky to work for an understanding employer!

I worked mine out too but I am a State employee so I do get FMLA, I go out last week of August and back Feb. 1st! I cannot wait!!!

The other good thing is that I have been able to keep 5 vacation days aside as well as some public holidays. Our vacation year runs April to April so I can take some time off after Christmas too.

Thats great! I am looking forward to being home for the holidays too....I can't wait! 11 weeks to go! lol

Glad it worked out for you. Must be a huge stress reliever :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"