Got my results back!!!! ****UPDATE: GENDER RESULTS****

hellojello25

Reaction score
So I got my genetic testing results back (on a patient portal website, they haven't called yet) and everything is normal! :happydance:

The only thing I am still waiting on is the gender!!! It doesn't tell me on the website, but says that the full report is in a pdf....which the OB office hasn't uploaded yet. I'm dying!!!! I'm glad to know that everything is okay with my baby and I know that most women don't know gender until much later, but I want to know the gender now! The office opened 17 minutes ago and all I want to do is call, but I don't want to seem like a psycho lol.

I would feel the same as you, I'm sure. :D

Congrats on the good news! That's awesome! Let us know the gender :)

Oh, and CALL! Who cares what they think?! They won't think you are crazy though! :)

Sorry to leave you guys hanging! I got off the phone and immediately had to go into a meeting at work. Anyway, we're having a :blue:!!!

Daddy doesn't know yet as today is his day off and he's still sleeping, but he's going to be so excited! He wanted a boy first (he would have been just as happy if it were a girl though lol). I also confirmed with the nurse that the testing came back normal. I am so happy!!! We've already agreed on a name too: Alexander James. Woohoo! I have to go out tonight and just buy something small now that I know. :happydance:

Congrats! You will have to think of a special way to tell him! How exciting!

So I got my genetic testing results back (on a patient portal website, they haven't called yet) and everything is normal! :happydance:

The only thing I am still waiting on is the gender!!! It doesn't tell me on the website, but says that the full report is in a pdf....which the OB office hasn't uploaded yet. I'm dying!!!! I'm glad to know that everything is okay with my baby and I know that most women don't know gender until much later, but I want to know the gender now! The office opened 17 minutes ago and all I want to do is call, but I don't want to seem like a psycho lol.

Hi jello,
I was wondering what genetic test can tell you the gender?

That's so exciting! Congratulations!!! Are you going to tell Dad about Team Blue in a special way?

Hi Chrissy, I did this thing called verfi by the company Progenity. The main function is to test for the trisomys and any abnormalities of the sex choromosome, which apparently they can do through blood. So they are able to tell you the gender if you want to know. It's pretty cool and can be done as long as you are more than 10 weeks along. :)

And Dobby, I was thinking about getting a cupcake with blue frosting on it and putting a toothpick in it that has "It's a Boy!" across the top. Any other ideas?

Awww that's cute! You could always do the blue on the inside so he has to bite into it and then ask why is there blue inside of the cupcake. :) But I think blue frosting and a toothpick are super cute.

I'm doing the Panorama test at 10 weeks. Same idea. Blood draw, genetic testing, sex identification.

That's a good idea too! I just have to do it tonight because I won't be able to keep it a secret lol :)

And that's awesome! Definitely let us know how it goes :) :)

That's a cute idea, I'm sure it will be a special moment :)

Congrats Dobby on the pregnancy! I have my NT scan next week!

BF was over the moon last night! We would have been happy with a healthy baby no matter the gender, but we both really wanted a boy. I did the cupcake with the blue frosting and put it in a box so he had to open it and he was so happy! And then we split the cupcake...mmmmm! :)

Did your insurance cover the testing or sis you pay out of pocket? I've been considering getting the testing but our insurance doesn't cover it. Congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->