Got myself in such a state, if anyone can help :(

torch2010

Reaction score
I lost my son 16 months ago to a condition called Hydrops Fetalis. I lost him at 25+5 weeks pregnant. Hydrops is basically fluid under the skin and around organs. There was nothing the doctors could do for him.

I am currently 27+3 weeks pregnant and at 25+6 weeks my midwife measured me at 28+ weeks, we had a growth scan the next day which confirmed that our baby was on the large side, this was expected as I have gestational diabetes. I am convinced that I seen fluid in our baby's tummy on the scan :( to be fair, the scan machine wasn't great and I was laying at an angle where I couldn't see properly.

I stupidly searched Hydrops on here and came up with lots of posts, one of which a mummy had said her midwife had measured her big and they found out her baby had hydrops.

I am now even more convinced that this is happening to me again :'( I am worried that the doctor missed the fluid (unlikely as it looked all over to me), this was the first time I had seen that doctor and if I am honest don't trust him, not a reflection on him but just the way I am. at my scan at 22 weeks baby's abdomen was slightly bigger then her head, normal in GD mummies, reason I am not worried about this is because I 100% trust the sonographer, he has been with us since our son was diagnosed and I know he would tell me if something was wrong.

I am seeing the same consultant again on Friday to have another scan with him, do you think I could asked to be scanned on a normal machine? Not one that the consultants use? I know that if our normal sonographer is there he would scan us no problem.

I am so scared that we will lose our baby. All scans have been fine though. I am just scared

I think, especially considering your past experience, you have every right to ask for a scan on a normal machine. I would politely insist on it. Good luck and you're in my thoughts!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->