Got neg on HPT

Mummy1995

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Not sure where this should go really..
But I'm 16, and new to here.
I've only been with my bf 2 months, but this month i really thought i was pregnant. We both got our hopes up, but me especially. On Sun I 'came on' except I don't know if it is.. It's so much lighter than normal and no cramps other than a very intense stabbing pain in stomach and back for about 5 mins on Saturday night, which has never happened to that extent :S So I thought that maybe it could be implantation bleeding, although im due today. I'm on the pill, but I managed to miss 5 this month..

But basically we decided I should do a hpt to make sure.. and well it came back neg, and even though Im 16, and some would say im too young, I felt so happy thinking I could be, to then get a neg has completely crumbled me.. I burst into tears when I saw the result. My bf said hes 'relieved but upset' he knows im upset, but I don't think he realises how upset I am..

Sorry it's such a rant, i just dont know why i feel like this, when we weren't even trying, i have always wanted a baby, but never as much as i do now, and to think it was in my graps and then to have that chance taken away from me has literally left me heartbroken..

Also ive only taken 1 test, so shall i wait a few days if the bleeding doesnt get heavier/carry on and do another one to be sure? dont want my hopes to go up again...

Sorry for the long post!

Love to all, hope you are all strong and healthy! x

Slight edit: This may get locked as youre not sure youre pregnant.. And BnB doesnt support under 18's TTC..
But i know how you feel. I had a pregnancy 'scare' and when the test was negative i was crushed cause i really thought i was :/
I'd do another test in a few days to a week.. If it's negative its not the end of the world.. Babies come along when theyre meant to :flower:
Maybe when youre a little older and been with your bf longer, like sure you actually want children with him..
I have to agree with Shaunagh below
xx

BnB doesnt support under 18s TTC.
2 months? Thats not long at all..
Have you even left school yet? Or more importantly moved out?

Think it through. Babies arent all kisses and cuddles. Grow up.

BnB doesnt support under 18s TTC.
2 months? Thats not long at all..
Have you even left school yet? Or more importantly moved out?

Think it through. Babies arent all kisses and cuddles. Grow up.

Nice to know I have support...

Im not TCC, I just didn't know what else to put as my 'status' if I was, Id not be on the pill..

Slight edit: This may get locked as youre not sure youre pregnant.. And BnB doesnt support under 18's TTC..
But i know how you feel. I had a pregnancy 'scare' and when the test was negative i was crushed cause i really thought i was :/
I'd do another test in a few days to a week.. If it's negative its not the end of the world.. Babies come along when theyre meant to :flower:
Maybe when youre a little older and been with your bf longer, like sure you actually want children with him..
I have to agree with Shaunagh below
xx

Im not TCC :) But yeah, I'm just a little confused that's all.. And the happiness of thinking i was, and then suddenly the reality of not being was a bit much..
Yeah I understand that, one will come when they are supposed to and when I'm ready..
Will take your advise for trying at the end of the week just to make sure :)
Hope you are well xx

I'd rather make sure i'm in a steady relationship >.<
You've been togther 2 months? o_O
And your 16

Think It Through,Have A steady relationship,etc

Like Shaunagh Said As lovely as babies are they aren't all 'kisses and cuddles'
Especially if the situation turns into something else unexpected.

Sorry you got a negative result but things happen for a reason . Maybe right now isn't the time your still young and as someone else said you've been together two months maybe you should give it more time . Like finishing school & enjoying your life and relationship .

I hope you get the answer that you are looking for :hugs:

I'd try & test in a few more days or so.

:flow:

Im not TCC, I just didn't know what else to put as my 'status' if I was, Id not be on the pill..

I didnt mean to come across as rude as it did.
I was on the pill, too. It doesnt always work. But you cant forget to take your pill 5/21 days! Having a baby is going to be so hard and i'm sure I still wont know just how hard until she's here. I wish i hadn't got pregnant this young, not to say i dont love my girl. But i wouldnt want someone to become pregnant when they're in my position and clearly not ready to have and support a baby, yet.

Your boyfriend was 'relieved' that says it all. Do you think he'd stay by you, when you're waking up through the night to feed/change/soothe a screaming baby? I just think you should have more of a mature attitude towards teen pregnancy.

I don't think people should be too quick to judge, we had a 'scare' a month into our relationship and we were living with OH's mum. My OH was also 'relieved', we are bloody good parents though.

OP I think it's unlikely as you are bleeding & have negatvie HPT :hugs:

I don't think people should be too quick to judge, we had a 'scare' a month into our relationship and we were living with OH's mum. My OH was also 'relieved', we are bloody good parents though.

Definitely agree with you :thumbup: OH & I weren't in a relationship that long (only 3 months) before I got pregnant. Does that make either of us any less of a parent? No :shrug:

I know excualty how u feel I had a pregnancy scare when I was 16 aswel & when I got :bfn: I was gutted but at the same time I knew it was for the best because I was still studying & was still very immature but dw ur time will come & yea I'd say try again at the end of the week or something :flow:

I didnt mean to come across as rude as it did.
I was on the pill, too. It doesnt always work. But you cant forget to take your pill 5/21 days! Having a baby is going to be so hard and i'm sure I still wont know just how hard until she's here. I wish i hadn't got pregnant this young, not to say i dont love my girl. But i wouldnt want someone to become pregnant when they're in my position and clearly not ready to have and support a baby, yet.

Your boyfriend was 'relieved' that says it all. Do you think he'd stay by you, when you're waking up through the night to feed/change/soothe a screaming baby? I just think you should have more of a mature attitude towards teen pregnancy.

It's fine.. and well there have been certain reasons, im stressed, and it sorta been pushed to the back of my mind, due to certain reason like it being the anniversary of my neices death coming up etc..
Yeah I understand everything your saying, Im not saying I want one, but when I thought I was, i got the initial excitement..
I hope your pregnancy is going well though :)

I know excualty how u feel I had a pregnancy scare when I was 16 aswel & when I got :bfn: I was gutted but at the same time I knew it was for the best because I was still studying & was still very immature but dw ur time will come & yea I'd say try again at the end of the week or something :flow:

Thankyou for your reply! Yeah I'm feeling both, im gutted.. yet I know the time will come, and it would put my future on hold, as I want to be a midwife :)
Hope you and baby are well!

I remember i went to the doctor like twice in 1 month and blood results was negative . The next month he took a hormone test that can tell when my period will come and he said it would come that weekend so me waiting on my period It never came and I decided to take HPT and Bam Positive i was shocked . Sometimes Test are done too early so try again if no period

Definitely agree with you :thumbup: OH & I weren't in a relationship that long (only 3 months) before I got pregnant. Does that make me either of us any less of a parent? No :shrug:

I agree.. Age and how long you are with someone for doesn't necessarily mean you will be any better / worse at parenting.. My mum was pregnant with my brother at 17, and did a good job, and he had his first at 31 and did a good job..

I remember i went to the doctor like twice in 1 month and blood results was negative . The next month he took a hormone test that can tell when my period will come and he said it would come that weekend so me waiting on my period It never came and I decided to take HPT and Bam Positive i was shocked . Sometimes Test are done too early so try again if no period

Wow that must have been confusing! I shall take your advise, thankyou! x

it was i just knew i was pregnant i had all the symptoms and knew my body very well . It just didn't seem right even with my ob telling me happily and surely i wasn't pregnant i was :dohh:. One of the nurses couldn't even tell me if i was or wasn't she didn't know how to read the hcg level properly :wacko: .

Thankyou for your reply! Yeah I'm feeling both, im gutted.. yet I know the time will come, and it would put my future on hold, as I want to be a midwife :)
Hope you and baby are well!

That's the path I wanna go down aswel so good luck with that & yep me & LO r good thanks :flow:

it was i just knew i was pregnant i had all the symptoms and knew my body very well . It just didn't seem right even with my ob telling me happily and surely i wasn't pregnant i was :dohh:. One of the nurses couldn't even tell me if i was or wasn't she didn't know how to read the hcg level properly :wacko: .

Well I guess we know our bodies better than anyone! And sometimes makes me wonder how some qualified when they cant do something like that which is surely standard practise? I'still so confused.. ive hd no more blood since yesterday eve which was brownish, and normally im very heavy.. :S was only due on this morning so it may be irregualr for me i guess, but ive never been irregular, and ive had my period since just turning 11, so would be weird to suddenly get a change wouldn't it? :S

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->