Got overheated while sleeping last night

Calcifer

Reaction score
Hi there, does anyone know if this can be bad for the baby? I'm a bit worried, I tend to be a very 'hot' sleeper radiating heat all night and I know that it's bad to overheat during early pregnancy... Unfortunately I woke up in the middle of the night overheated and I'm now worried I could have caused some damage. I cooled off immediately but...

Anyway I just seem to be cramping a bit more this morning so I was just wondering. Anyone else know about heat and sleep?

Id say you're fine! Don't worry!

Calcifer, I've never heard that overheating in pregnancy is bad. I am a hot sleeper, too, and have woken up hot the last 3 mornings, including this morning, so now I'm concerned. I'm jumping on to see what others might say!

FX for us both, hun! :hugs:

Overheating in pregnancy, it's why they say you shouldn't take hot baths, go in a sauna and can be a danger if doing exercise you're body's not used to doing. But my OH is a "hot" person, especially at night and not sure what you can do about it if it's just the way you are. A couple of weeks ago I kept waking up in the night dripping in sweat, if your body gets too hot it has ways of coping, I wouldn't worry too much x

Hi there, does anyone know if this can be bad for the baby? I'm a bit worried, I tend to be a very 'hot' sleeper radiating heat all night and I know that it's bad to overheat during early pregnancy... Unfortunately I woke up in the middle of the night overheated and I'm now worried I could have caused some damage. I cooled off immediately but...

Anyway I just seem to be cramping a bit more this morning so I was just wondering. Anyone else know about heat and sleep?

Don't worry you'll be fine! That isn't enough heat to cause damage. They say to avoid heat pads and things, but just getting warm while sleeping isn't enough to cause any problems. That happens to me all the time, I kick the blankets off halfway through the night, no problems, baby is just fine.

As some of the other ladies mentioned - it is possible to overheat (which is bad) during pregnancy, but this more referring to going in hot tubs, saunas, etc. The main concern is engaging in activities that could raise your core body temperature, which is where the danger for pregnancy comes in. Your body however, is designed to regulate itself and, for the most part, is usually pretty good at doing so. If you became very hot at night you would most likely kick off your blankets, sweat, etc which are all ways for your body to cool itself down. I bet if you had thought to take your temperature when you woke up it would have been normal :) I don't think you have anything to worry about!

I'm sure you're fine. You would actually wake up before you overheat. Your body regulates it's own temperature and wakes you up accordingly. Or makes you uncomfortable in a bath, hot tub, shower, etc. You feel sick, dizzy, faint etc.

I have a mini fan, a cooling fan next to my bed. The air never reaches my DH, just me so you can try a personal fan at your feet which should keep the rest of your body from overheating. If I keep a fan on my face all night I tend to wake up with a stuffy nose. Gl!

I'm a terribly hot sleeper and when I'm pregnant it's even worse I spend most nights trying to cool myslef off, nothing to worry about!

I bet if you had thought to take your temperature when you woke up it would have been normal :) I don't think you have anything to worry about!

AFM, you're absolutely right. I still temp/chart just to keep track and the three mornings I woke up hot, my temp was only 98.9. I know this wasn't my post originally, but I still appreciate everyone's comments, as I do feel better. Calcifer, I hope the same for you, hun! :hugs:

Thanks ladies!

Thank you so much ladies - I feel a bit better about it having read your comments. I think, on reflection, that the body can regulate itself and that's why we wake up uncomfortable as it's an alarm bell. I won't be doing any saunas or anything like that :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->