Got some not so great news at Doctor appointment today...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by BabyRayback, Jan 27, 2011.

1. BabyRayback

BabyRayback Well-Known Member

Ultrasound on Monday shows I have partial placenta previa, which means my placenta is partially covering my cervix. 90% of patients with this have no problem as the placenta moves off the cervix on it's own. The other 10% have to have a C-section though :p. So as of now its just a waiting game. Nothing I did caused it, just happens sometimes, and the reason the uterus will hopefully move on its own is because blood flow around the cervix is not as good as other locations. So I'll have to go in for extra ultrasounds, like one a month (silver lining I guess, lol) and if by 35 weeks the placenta doesn't move on it's own I'll be picking my little girls birth day (other silver lining I guess? lol).

So i'm not super worried, Doctor said only real risks are bleeding if something happens to the placenta, but that risk doesn't come into play really until I start dilating, and by that time if I'm still at risk we'll be having a whole new ball game anyways... So I suppose I'm just mostly annoyed right now and praying babies placenta decides to move to better grazing ground! :dohh:

2. pigboo22

pigboo22 Well-Known Member

Uh oh... I hope it all works out. Nice on the ultrasounds tho...always some good with the bad huh?

3. Wiggler

Wiggler Mummy to three monkeys

I hope your placenta moves hun :hugs: try not to worry too much x x x

4. curlew

curlew mother of 2 sons

Hi

this happened to me with DS. At the 20 week scan the placenta was completely covering the cervix so I was convinced |I would be having a c section. However by 33 weeks when I had my next scan it had moved 180 degrees and was at the top - I couldn't believe it.

Hope all goes well for you.

5. ladyredlainey

ladyredlainey Preg - mum to 4 girls

aw keeping fingers crossed that the placenta shifts a bit before the big day xx

6. Lizzeh

Lizzeh Aurora <3

Hm... that sounds not so great indeed, but there's hope it'll resolve itself, right? Good luck :D

7. littleblonde

littleblonde kacey and sophie

with kacey i had lots of scans and placemta moved quite a lot. My mum had what you had and it didnt move. But she bled all the way through

8. BabyMama2010

BabyMama2010 Well-Known Member

Dont worry hun I have that too, infact, so does my friend who is due at the same time as me. Mine is completely covering my cervix at the moment and hasnt as of yet moved at all. Doc said not to worry though, there's still time :) x

9. Helly

Helly Well-Known Member

I had this with my son, mine was in the unlucky percentage that didnt move, but all was still fine, no bleeds and a caesarean at 38 weeks, the caesarean was a doddle too.

10. nalini878

nalini878 Well-Known Member

I have this too, was told not to worry just yet as it moves most of the time. Just have to go in if you bleed at all. I know its worrying hun, but nothing is set in stone just yet, we all have time xx

11. tessica123

tessica123 Well-Known Member

i have this too and have been bleeding for 3 weeks but touch wood its stopped now

ive had to go in few times to be check but nothing to worry about just told me to rest ect come back if gets worse

and that most will move so dont worry

12. BlessedTwice

BlessedTwice Had my baby girl April 20

I have this too! I'm hoping mine moves up by my next scan in a few weeks. I don't want a c-section :(

13. NandO1

NandO1 sticky bean #3

yep i got it too but hoping it moves by 32 week scan. hopefully we will be posting back here soon saying its moved.

14. Noodles

Noodles Mummy to two boys!

Snap I have this too!

15. BabyRayback

BabyRayback Well-Known Member

OMG! :) Well I admit I don't feel so random now, I guess I've joined the placenta previa club! lol :haha: And sounds like I'm doing good, I haven't had any bleeding at all. And as I said I'm mostly annoyed that I might have to change my birth plan and of course not thrilled about a C-section, though they do so many here in the states I'm not worried about it going wrong :winkwink:

We will have to update this thread as we get farther along and see who's placenta ends up moving :D Good luck to all of you too!

16. Noodles

Noodles Mummy to two boys!

I haven't had any bleeding **touch wood** my scan is on 6th May and my placenta is level 3 out of 4 (partial)

17. hoping4babies

hoping4babies Well-Known Member

Nope nnot so random! I have a complete placenta previa found at 16wk4d and i get another scan to check it at 28wks.

18. Lauraaraa

Lauraaraa Love My Baby Girl

i got a low laying placenta, isnt covering totally but is off side and over it, so just got to go for scan at 34weeks to see if its moved. if not th c-section it is!

will see though

just hoping it moves on its own

mam had it aswell and it moved

doc said it will more than likely move so fingers crossed for us all tht it moves!

19. Starry Night

Starry Night 4 angels, 2 rainbows

My mom had this. Was on bed rest the entire pregnancy and it ended up moving on its own towards the end. My sis was diva right from the beginning and made a fashionably-late entrance about 2 weeks overdue! My mom even took us to the zoo on her due date in hopes of getting things moving. lol

20. aries5486

aries5486 Mummy 2 Jenna & Blue Bump

you will be fine hun :) I had that with our dd and it moved :) i had no bleeding or any other symtoms :) xxx