Got the due date blues :(

Sarah Lou 80

Reaction score
Today is my due date and this baby needs to come out now!

I'm feeling so rough with a horrid fluey cold. I thought it was a sign of imminent labour but nope, OH had it as well. I've got to wait til Friday to have a stretch and sweep. A friend of mine is having her sweep today (also her dye date!) and I'm so jealous it's ridiculous!why am I jealous? It's not a race or competition but I feel like it's the end if the world if she has her baby first?! What's wrong with me?!!

Anyway, just feeling sorry for myself really! I didn't have this with my first as he was born at 38 weeks so this waiting around is all new. And not much fun!

Now I've got to get up and try and be a good mum to my toddler when all I want to do is stay in bed feeling sorry for myself!

Sorry for the rant!

I'd be cross too, I know someone who had a sweep at 37 weeks !! I said how Is that even possible !!! Some midwives are different I guess.
Good luck hun x

I'm due tom but I'm not booked in until 40+5 for a sweep. Midwife service been shocking this time. I had my son just over three years ago and I'm shocked at how badly things have gone down hill :( hope your baby comes soon. My son was born a day early so the equivalent of today andI know the chances are minute of it happening again but I was holding out a glimmer of hope. And if another person says "still here then" to me I'll punch them!

I remember that feeling well and it is very depressing. I hope LO doesn't keep you waiting much longer and maybe you won't need the sweep, labour can start from literally nowhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->