Got the flu! Do I need to go Dr?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by kirstylm, Dec 16, 2009.

1. kirstylm

kirstylm Well-Known Member

hi ladies, haven't been on here for a while as had really bad ms all day for last month or so luckily it's netter now but now poorly with cold/flu!

Have been suffering with cold and cough since last fri but been going to work then felt better yesterday and today woke up this morning and banging head Neck aches so much! Got up and my whole body aches so I think it's flu! :-(

Do I need to go see dr? Don't think he will give me anything anyway will he?

Hope u ladies are avoiding the germs xx

2. lauralora

lauralora Well-Known Member

sorry your ill hun, ive had it since saturday, ive been very unwell but getting better now, i had to give in tuk paracetomal once, also used cough sweets and vicks vapor rub, just rest xxxx get well soon x

3. kelly2903

kelly2903 mum2princess an expectin

im not sure what to advise might be able to prescibed some thing to you..... i hope you feel better soon hun xxxxx

4. kirstylm

kirstylm Well-Known Member

Thx lauralora! Yeah same! Vicks vapour steam every night so far! Can't believe how much snot my nose can hold!! Lol

hope u feel Betta soon xx

5. Laura80

Laura80 Well-Known Member

Give the doc a call and see what he says. I was bad all weekend with cold/flu, couldn't get out of bed at one point.

Make sure you drink plenty of water and fruit/veg. I found hot drinks and ice lollies helped my sore throat.

6. jbrocksmith

jbrocksmith Well-Known Member

I had the flu when I was 12 weeks along....I called the nurse advice line and they gave me tons of advice and what I was able to take. Also, the most important things are to get lots of rest, take it easy, drink lots of water, and most importantly getting/keeping your temperature down.
    Good luck hun!

7. gina8177

gina8177 Married with 1 baby boy

My midwife told me that if I start getting flue symptoms to let her know right away.

Hope you feel better soon!

8. wannabubba#4

wannabubba#4 Maybe 1More! DD+3DS <3

Kirsty - was wondering where you'd went to lol

I was crippled with MS for a few weeks too, either being sick or extremely nauseous all day long, although (fx'd; touch wood -dont want to jix myself lol) since Monday this week it seems to have eased up a bit.
    Glad to hear the MS has calmed down, Sorry to hear about the nasty flu bug. Hope you feel much better soon. Drink plenty of fluids, take paracetemol regular if you have a high temp and get plenty of rest; take care.

xx

9. IMISSCOFFEE

IMISSCOFFEE Well-Known Member

i would go....sometimes doc's prescribe antibiotics.