Gotta love Virgin media

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Arcanegirl, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Arcanegirl

Arcanegirl Bazinga!!

Phoned up to try and get a new modem as ours is 6 years old and has started cutting out.

Phoned broadband technical support to get an asian woman with a script, trying to explain to her we know its not our router thats the prob and its definatley the modem and shes still going through the script getting us to pull cables out to do their damn connection test.
    Hung up on her before pulling anything out, i refuse to when i know what the prob is! and connection test wouldnt have worked as we still have the net working :hissy:

Next phone general customer service, explained to them that we want a new modem and technical support were useless.

So after discussing options we sort of came to a solution, typical to Virgin Media of only replace something if its broken....
    Our net speed has increased from 2mb to 20mb for an extra £1.50 instead of £20 and the guy said itll either work fine or break the modem, and he'd leave a note on the account to explain the prob and what hes done.

Now sitting with faster internet for next to nothing and still an ancient modem :dohh:

2. Pops

Pops Proud Mum & Wifey

Virgin Media are the bain of our lives - we have had SO many problems with them.

x

3. Rach276

Rach276 Well-Known Member

Our wireless wasnt working and the internet was only working if you put the yellow wires straight into the comp box and they were great when OH rang them. They thought it was the wireless box so sent us out another one and it still diddnt work and in the end it was because our comp was old and gave up the ghost lol.

What bits the modem? is that the little black flashing box that Virgin give you?

4. Arcanegirl

Arcanegirl Bazinga!!

Yep, cept mine isnt little and black. Its silver and a brick!

this is my modem:
    https://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g130/tommyd1258/Home310510.jpg

5. Mynxie

Mynxie Well-Known Member

TBH virgin media are a right pain in the backside sometimes but I've had much better service from them than any similar company and a few times had people come out to repair things on the same day. It's the technical support in Asia that I can't stand tbh - and the scripts, but I do usually get out of doing all their stuff when I tell them that I physically can't ;)

6. x_Rainbow_x

x_Rainbow_x Well-Known Member

my sister has no end of trouble with virgin

7. Rach276

Iv had no trouble with them touch wood. They should definatly be giving you a new box though.

8. tasha41

tasha41 Mum & Dad + 1

LOL it's nice to hear these sorts of companies are pains in your asses too over there; while my current internet/phone/cable provider is fantastic, our previous internet/phone provider (I still have my cell phone with them-- I'd be charged like $400 to cancel my contract, not financially feasible ATM) is and always has been an absolute nightmare!!

9. Kimboowee

Kimboowee Complete

I was meant to cut down my virgin media package so we could use the extra money for the baby, they won't let us do it til the end of may, after the babys here! :dohh:

Plus on demand rarely bloody works and when i get round to ringing them it decides to!

10. Rach276

The only problem I have had with them is that the V+ box is unresponsive sometimes and I end up pressing all the buttons and then it decides to work and does all the commands at the same time, dont have this problem with the normal Virgin box though. Does anyone have this?

I'd love to cut our package down but OH wont lol.
    We rang up Sky to see if they could match what we have but make it cheaper. It turned out that they would cut our internet speed and our phone package and we would be paying a few more quid a month.

11. Kimboowee

Kimboowee Complete

My V+ one does that! I have to watch most my tv on that one though cos i record loads and the normal virgin box in my room dont show it!

12. valentine75

valentine75 Proud dad

I'm tempted to twitter old beardy branson and tell him what i think of virgin bloody media

13. lesleyann

lesleyann Mummy

We signed up to the internet on the last day of march and paid our £30 connection fee they rang us and left a message on the friday 3rd to say they will be over between 8am-1pm on the 14th!!!!! to connect it all up but we will still owe them £15 from the 1st of april till the end of april when we wont have the net till the 14th :saywhat:

I rang up a certain other company and asked if i wanted there internet how long would it take to connect and they said within 7working days and your contract would start from the day you got connected so not paying for days when we dont have the internet and NO connection fee.