Gr Rant about a girl i know

Discussion in 'Teen Pregnancy' started by Shanelley, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Shanelley

Shanelley Mummy :)

Gr, there's this girl i know (she's 17) that has been trying to get pregnant (she's been trying to get pregnant) And has had several miscarriges (well so she says)
    Anyway she put this status up on facebook slagging off young mums telling us to go out and get a life, and not to have babies etc.

I couldn't help but go crazy, as most of us don't chose to be pregnant, but we make that child a part of our life, and we do the best we can for our children.
    Just because we have babies and don't go out and get drunk, doesn't mean we aren't living.!
    I would be nothing without LO. And my life has never had this much purpose.

So as you can see, im pretty mad. And so are other teen mums on her facebook. I just don't think it's fair that she's saying this when she's trying to get pregnant and that. :growlmad::growlmad:

2. Leopard

Leopard 2yrOld;3rdTriBoy

3. Jo.t

Jo.t expecting #7

Im not suprise you are ranting !

I was a teen mum (to 2 !) & I know it would of annoyed me

4. samisshort

samisshort Mama to 2 boys

Honestly it sounds like major jealousy since she wants to become pregnant. :wacko: I wouldn't listen to her. But, it is always good to vent instead of holding it in!

5. Shanelley

Yeah, she's just jealous i think
    but it annoys me when people judge us before they know us, ykwim?

6. samisshort

I know exactly how you feel! I got my first judgmental stare today.

OH, OH's sister and I were shopping at the mall today for baby clothes, and when we went to the register, the girl looked at my belly then back up at my face and just, stared really. Not a mean look, no smile, just blank. :nope:

7. Shanelley

Yeah it really sucks. As im now 40weeks pregnant, it's easier to stay home. People keep saying to me 'you look like ur going to pop' and the stares are so intimidating..
    but this will all b worth my little bundle of joy at the end.. which should be now.. but somehow its not lol

8. samisshort

At least you know your LO will be here soon :cloud9: Within a week hopefully

:dust:

Am excited to hear your birth story when she finally decides to make an appearance!

9. qwerry

qwerry mummy of a pink bump

:grr: Talk about contradicting !

10. kirsteen

kirsteen Ollypop<3

A girl on my fb annoyed me, it aint as bad but she posted "All the people I went to school wid all r having or have got a baby. Wat the fuck!!- I mean if Ur gunna av a go do it properly but there's like 20 of u man!!!" I know it aint as bad but it just made me think why does she have the right to say anything! like, she doesnt know what she is talking about so I wish she would go away...it's hard enough let alone with people being judgemental and stuff.

11. Amber4

Amber4 Well-Known Member

Last night a girl said congratulations to me on facebook. Then a second later she wrote a status saying "Omg there's so many pregnant girls at the moment!! Have they never heard of contraception!" So I messaged her and she was like "Oh, it's just loads of my friends" Yeah. Whatever :dohh: Then someone said "They're probably doing if for the benefits" and she said "Yeah, I know" Funny thing is she claims tons of benefits and won't get a job!! ARGH.

12. jemmie1994

jemmie1994 Evie's Mummy <3

eh? she wants a baby? but doesnt think anyone else should have one? from cloud cukoo land that one :shrug:

13. imprfcttense

imprfcttense Expecting a Little Boy

The whole contraception comment always gets to me, but another one I really hate is when people say something like "wow, all these young girls are pregnant - did 16 and Pregnant and Teen Mom really make it look that cool!?" NO. I did not go TRY to get pregnant, because the girls on 16 and Pregnant and Teen Mom inspired me. And I'm sure many of the other pregnant girls didn't either. I didn't even watch those shows. Not everybody TRYS to get pregnant, we just choose to make the best of it and be the best mommies we can be. And most of the girls I know are simply "trying" for attention - and in no position to be raising a baby. I admit, there is a fair share of young girls who think babies are just dolls to dress up and kiss. Some of us actually know that this is a full time job for the rest of our lives.

14. KiwiMOM

KiwiMOM Well-Known Member

besides, it isn't like you get heaps of money on the benefit.. you use that for the baby! And even if you did have left over cash its not like young mothers are swimming in free time anyways :growlmad: without saying that word we are meant to avoid I'm not the only one who's gotten pregnant in my town, but I'm one of few that is having a baby.. I feel like that deserves some respect.

15. xx~Lor~xx

xx~Lor~xx Young mummy of 3 <3

This kind of thing really gets to me too. I reckon she's saying it because she's just jelous, particularly as she says she's been trying to get pregnant but not succeeding.