'Grandad' or Grandad?? :(

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Alicia_&_Kev, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Alicia_&_Kev

Alicia_&_Kev Well-Known Member

Think the whole pregnancy thing is starting to depress me lol dunno why but its normal so it all good, good to cry sometimes lol.

Anyway i was just looking through the baby book my cousin got us 4 xmas and filling some in and one of the things says 'grandads name and birthday'

I really dont know who i should put there as my dad died 11 years ago and my mums new partner has been there for the last 9 years, hes sooo lovely but hes not my dad, and never will be.

Who should i put as 'grandad' i dont wanna put my stepdad cos i feel nasty to my real dad but i dont want to put him cos i feel nasty to my stepdad! :S

so confused!!!!!!

what do you all think??

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

2. Jkelmum

Jkelmum Well-Known Member

Will baby be calling stepdad grandad ? If so i would put his name your dad is watching over u and would understand ....also if u choose to put ur real dads name i am sure your stepdad would understand x

3. Caramel

Caramel Mummy to a cheeky monkey

Could you not squeeze both of the names in hun, one on top of the other? They're obviously both very special to you, and you seem to want to recognize them both as Grandad xx

4. magicvw

magicvw Hoping for a 3rd

Why not photocopy that page and then stick the photocopy in, and have both of them. They're both important in different ways. :hugs:

5. Dukechick

Dukechick Wife & proud Mom of 2

Awww..... honey, that must be a hard decision :(

I think since your mom's bf has been in your life for 9 years, and will be the grandfather figure in your baby's life, I would put his name. You know what.... why don't you put BOTH?? I'm sure your dad is watching over (I know mine is), and he would understand if you didn't put his name... but yeah, you could always put both. Your dad will be remembered, and I'm sure there's lots of pictures you'll be able to share with your little one too. :)

xx

6. NoSpringChick

NoSpringChick Well-Known Member

I would put both or none yet and see how you feel later on.
    My step granda was my granda as far as I was concerned.

I dont like the fact there is a family tree section in my baby book as families these days - well it's not always so simple to just fill in one name is it?!

7. Dukechick

Dukechick Wife & proud Mom of 2

So true, isn't it?

8. dizzy duck

dizzy duck Mummy to Oliver

I would put both in hun and if necessary photocopy the page and add an extra in. I lost my dad 9 years ago and if my mum had another man I would defiantly be putting both in as they are both special and should be included, hope this helps, take care :hugs: XX

9. godivalocks

godivalocks Well-Known Member

If you just want to put one name down, I'd put down your dad, since that would be direct family, rather than through just marriage. It's family history.

You can always acknowledge the step dad in another way.

10. Vickie

Vickie Hannah & Rhys <3

I would write in your dad's name on top and put your step dad's name underneath

11. Kimboowee

Kimboowee Complete

On our family tree bit we put my OHs grandad down instead of step grandad as its something the baby can look back through and find info out on if he wanted.

He'll never see his biological grandad cos he's a tit, but will call 'step' grandad, grandad.

You need to do what you feel comfortable with x