Grandmas!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Sketcher, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Sketcher

Sketcher Well-Known Member

I told my gran not to tell anyone and a distant relative jus wished me mazeltov! I said um thanks, she said 'ooh am I not supposed to know' I said it's ok of course, but don't pass it on I'm not 12 weeks yet. And want my parents to get the enjoyment of telling their friends, don't want them finding out beforehand!
    Why do old grandmas think thet can get away with anything?? Tuh
    I know she just wants to show off and she's excited but it's cheeky!

2. Mamoosca

Mamoosca Well-Known Member

:( That's not good. I think i'll be telling my grandma last. She wont be able to keep it quiet at all!

3. rosequartz

rosequartz Pregnant with 1st Baby

My Grandma did the same thing, so angry with her!

4. Sketcher

And it's really hard to tell off my grandma! Shes sort of a dragon disguised as a sweet mouse or something!

5. robinator

robinator Guest

My grandmother is the LAST person we will tell! Can't blame your grandma for being excited, but she should have exercised some self control and kept it to herself. You have a right to be upset.

6. sweetm

sweetm Pregnant with my first

My grandma was the first person I told, and as far as I know, she hasn't spilled the beans Actually, she guessed that I was pregnant before I even got the BFP. Grandmas just know...

7. hwills41

hwills41 Well-Known Member

That's the way my DH's is! So annoying. BUT we made sure she didn't open her mouth. It's not her news to share! Grrrrr... Can you tell I get a little upset about it? :)

8. PinkGlitter87

PinkGlitter87 Aidan's Mummy :)

My gran is the same bless her, but i know its because she is excited! I was a little angry with her.... but you cant stay angry at your granny can you!! :) x x x

9. Mamof1

Mamof1 Well-Known Member

I won't be telling my granny...she doesn't like me!! Lol. & hasn't spoke to me or my son since he was 6 (he's now 10). But I could imgaine her not being able to hold her tongue if we told her lol

10. mrsrof

mrsrof Mum to one :)

Neither of us have any living grandparents but I'm sure the news is being spread around Heaven like wildfire :)

I feel a little bit bad cause we've chosen to only tell key family members, so on my side my parents, one sister, godmother and cousin (she'll be godmother), and on his side mother and aunt. Just hoping no one else feels put out when they find out much later!

11. sweetm

sweetm Pregnant with my first

What a nice thought! I've been a bit down because my dad passed away a few years ago and my child will never get to meet him. But, I totally forgot to think that my dad probably already knows, and is smiling down on us.

12. mrsrof

mrsrof Mum to one :)

It's a great comfort to me to believe that they are all up there watching out for us xxx your Dad is no doubt delighted by your news x

13. jac33

jac33 Well-Known Member

I'd have loved to be able to tell my gran but she died years ago. its hard for people to keep quite as they are so excited and happy for you x

14. Fuchsia1412

Fuchsia1412 Due in Nov 2021 with No.5

awww..my grandma would have said mazeltov to me if she was alive....news also spreads around my family vine v.quickly.. they're so gossipy! Havn't told more distant relatives yet.

15. Sketcher

Aww, my grandma is last grandparent, OH doesn't have any, I also like thought that they all know wherever they are, hey maybe they've even met the babies before we do?

My parents are dying to tell so I'm just really hoping everything is ok on Sunday with my scan, they'll be at a wedding so I'm sure they'll tell everyone there as soon as I tell them they can!