Grandparents Names?

Pyrrhic

Reaction score
What are your parents going to be referred to by your LO?

For us:

MIL: Gran
FIL: Grandpa

Dad: Pappy
Mum: ???

No idea what name my Mum should use, and either does she. 'Nana' is my gran, and my Nana and Mum are both very young (Mum is in her 40s) so Nana will be around for a lot of LOs life, so she'd like to stay Nana.

Any ideas for what name we could use? Maybe some sort of derivation of her first name?

My mom will be Grannie, my dad will be Zaidah (it's Yiddish for grandfather). My MIL and FIL unfortunately have both passed away.

Ermmm

How about - The lady who says yes when Mummy says no :D

Ermmm

How about - The lady who says yes when Mummy says no :D

:rofl:

I havnt really thought about this, I guess both will just be nan/nanny and grandad! I stilll have both my granparents who will be babys great granparents and neither of them want to be called great nan because it makes them feel really old. But i thought it might confused baby if he called them nan aswell, He would think he has 4 nans!!

MIL - Grandma

Mom - Nana (lol, she flat out refuses to be called Grandma!)
Dad - Grandpa

Well, my Mum is reffered to as Lally (my nephew at two couldn't managed Granny Sally and it came out as such) and my Dad is meant to be Grandpa but called Loompa by most grandchildren, and "broombroom" by the youngest as he rides a motorbike!
DH's parents will probably be Nonna and Nonno.

my kids have mom-mammaw dad-pappaw MIL-momo FIL-grandpa my dad's parents are mammaw bert and pappaw floyd my mom's dad is opa and my MIL's mom is meme. So they have a few.

My dad: Grandad
My mam: Nana

His Dad: Grandad
His Mam: Bubbe (yiddish I think)

Layla calls my Nanna .. Na Na , And my mum Nannie .. Nannie was her first word too soooo cute . xx .

Nana and Granda probably. Or Pop, whichever one she picks up on.

I tutored a little girl once and she called her grandmothers "Big Nanny" and "Little Nanny" haha cause one was tall and one was short :rofl:

Nana and Granda probably. Or Pop, whichever one she picks up on.

I tutored a little girl once and she called her grandmothers "Big Nanny" and "Little Nanny" haha cause one was tall and one was short :rofl:

:rofl::rofl:

Don't get me started on my in-laws and this issue :grr: They STILL aren't talking to us over it :roll:

my mum: grandma (she refuses anythin else)
my dad: grandad

MIL: nanna
FIL: nannou (maltese)

dont have a clue bout my grandad and OHs nana :s

My Parents
Mom - Grandma
Dad - Grandpa

OH
Mom - Oma
Stepdad - Opa

OH
Father - Papa
Stepmom - Nana

Too confusing for me sometimes especailly because I still have issues calling my mom "mom" to LO when I'm talking to her... I have to remember I'm mom and my mom is grandma. You confused yet too???? ;)

my mom and step dad...

nanny and grandad trevor...

oh's mom and dad...nanny and grandad

oh's nan and grandad nanny nanny and gan gan

h x

Nan 4 my mum, my step mum and MIL
Granddad for FIL
OH's Step dad will be Granddad or Andy. (he aint to keen on Granddad!)
My Dad will be Tamps as thats what i call my dads Dad.

My Mum: Nana
My Dad: Grandad

OH's Mum: Grandma

OH doesn't have a dad,he left when OH was little. So it's just his mum.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->