Granuloma

tb2962

Reaction score
I have a 7 week old baby that I've been told has a granuloma in her bellybutton (the nurse I visited told me and advised me to take her to the Dr). We have an appointment tmrw - I was wondering if anyone has had some experience with this and the treatment? I've been told they use silver nitrate, if your LO has had this done did it seem to hurt them? Did it clear up straight away or did it take a few gos? Thanks :flower:

Jess had one which the doctot said was too big for using silver nitrate so iinstead he just tied thread around the base of it. Two days later it was black and just fell off, the blood supply had been cut. It's healed perfectly. He did say there were no nerve endings there so it wouldn't hurt her at all and that was certainly the case, so I'd imagine whichever method will be painless for your LO.

yep, my lo had silver nitrate applied - it was crazy!
didnt hurt, turned a dark grey colour, and was cleared up by a week later.
dont stress if it looks lkike it isnt working at first, it really took time to start working, but when it started it worked amazingly!

My LO's cord took a month to fall off. She had a bit of a granuloma and I was just told to keep it clean. It eventually healed itself but I was told she might need the silver nitrate. I don't think it hurts x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->