great cheap doppler gel

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by highlandlassi, Apr 26, 2009.

1. highlandlassi

highlandlassi pregnant with twins

just wanted to share this tip with anyone usuing a doppler. the other day i ran out of gel and went into panick mode as i wanted to have a listen. i tried moisture cream but seems anything thick and not clear wouldnt work and i came up with......HAIR GEL! it works better than the original doppler gel i had. and it is dirt cheap.. you can get cheap stuff here at the dollar store for a buck! thought i should share.

2. andbabymakes3

andbabymakes3 Just me and my girl

Doesnt it make you all sticky when it dries?! lol I have been wondering what else I could use since my bottle is getting a bit low...

3. babystar

babystar Guest

ky jelly? mayb that?

4. baby.love

baby.love Guest

i just use good old KY jelly :) works wonders as thats all the doppler gel actually is x

5. elainegee

elainegee Well-Known Member

i work in a surgery and thankfully have the use of the practice Doppler and gels. In the surgery they use KY jelly if the proper jelly isnt around. Not sure how expensive this is though x

6. babystar

babystar Guest

awesome :) im gonna use my KY tonight :) FOR THE DOPPLER PEOPLE THE DOPPLER :rofl:

7. karentia

karentia pregnant

hey , i use a lubricant like ky for my doppler but its a really cheap version from poundland !! works great an like i said it only £1 !!! i expect alot of 99p stores do it !

8. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

I just use lotion! Then I can rub it in when I'm done :rofl:

9. Tilly

Tilly Guest

I got some off ebay really cheap. Can random gels/lotions not ruin the doppler? as thats what mine said in the instructions. Anyone know if this is true? or yet another money making plan?

10. djgirl1976

djgirl1976 Expecting our 1st

As long as it isn't oil based, you should be fine. Water based is good, gel or lotion, etc. Its the oil that damages the material.

11. buddabun

buddabun A mummy at last!

Really? Mine said I could use baby oil or vaseline with it :lol: How random!