Great day for nursing in public!!

csmummu

Home to Charlie.
Reaction score
Well today i had to take Charlie for his hearing test which we didnt have in hospital because we were forgotten about!! - which he passed fine. then DH and i took charlie and Caitlin to our big tescos super store.. we dont drive so had to get the bus out there. i was BFing at the bus stop and he pulled off and i though he had enough and put my self away and the bus came :thumbup: great timing i thought!

get 2 stops and hes kicking up a fuss :dohh: i try to settle him but no hes hungry so i had to BF him on a bus that was so full people had to stand!! :happydance: i felt so proud! i was a bit nervous and though someone behind me was whipering about me but i didnt care if they were :happydance: charlie was happy i was happy-ish lol and i must ahve been descrite(sp) because when the bus emptied a bit and i'd already manages to cover up some woman started talking to me and caitlin saying awww isnt he cute bla bla bla he will need a bottle when he gets home LOL i looked at hubby and we both nearly burst out laughing!! I could tell he was proud of me :cry: and its our 2nd wedding anniversery tomorrow and were taking the kids to the curcus i was nervous about feeding but BRING IT ON!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

/end self indulgent post :p

:thumbup:
I was feeding Finn in the car and some old dear stuck thier headin and started having achat... no idea :D and I was actually feeding him :rofl: its great to feed in public, not least because Finn did a smelly dump at starbucks and I couldnt get into the babychange rooms for half an hour cos someone had camped out in there :(

good for you hun! You should be really proud of yourself. Its a good feeling isnt it?

Ive learnt pretty quickly to not be bothered by nursing him in public. Thomas has been coming to my hubby's soccer games since he was born, and i always end up feeding him infront of the whole team! I always try to feed him before we get there but somehow he always ends up wanting a feed right at half or full time! I kind of get a kick out of making all the boys uncomfortable now! haha

My mum made me an appointment to see the doctor the other day, and when she told me she could only get me in at 9.30am, she said, "oh im sorry you'll need to feed him about that time wont you?". She looked so proud of me when i said, "yea probably but that doesnt matter, ill just feed him at the doctors". My mums a big breast feeding advocate, tho she never tries to push her opinions onto me...so i know she gets all happy when i say things like that!

Hey well done !

I saw a mum bf in Asda cafe on Sunday, she must of thought I was a right weirdo (or anti bf) as I kept staring at her, I wanted to go over and say well done but thought id better not in the end!!

Wow, well done you! The most public I've done it is the room in Mothercare, luckily he hasn't needed it other than then but if he did, I suppose I'd just have to get on with it. Not sure I could do it standing on a moving bus though :D

Hhehehe...well done!! I love that the lady said he will need a bottle when he gets home!!

I love that I can confidently BF in public and in a whole manner of different positions because it means me and Olivia can get out and about loads more. We don't drive either and I probably couldn't make it to town and back without her needing feeding - it also means that we can just stay for that extra slice of cake and coffee without having to rush back to get her fed. I love my boobs :)

Wow, well done you! The most public I've done it is the room in Mothercare, luckily he hasn't needed it other than then but if he did, I suppose I'd just have to get on with it. Not sure I could do it standing on a moving bus though :D

LOL my god i wasnt standing i had my seat LOL i also had 2 men to my left and one behind me almost looking over my shoulder PMSL! it does feel good :)

I was in tescos yesterday and they have a "family cafe" and has a VIB section very important baby which has a bottle warmer LOL i was ever so slightly miffed that they didnt have a "breastfeeding welcome" sticker anywhere not that i needed one but its nice to know you have the support of a place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->