Great tip from my midwife on discreet place to feed when out in town...

becstar

Sleep is for the weak
Reaction score
My midwife today told me that with her little girl (who's one now), if she was in town and needed to feed and couldn't find a suitable place, she'd go into a clothes shop, take in a few items to pretend to try on, and feed her daughter in there! My LO would give me away pronto as she's so noisy when she feeds but I thought it was a tip worth sharing.

PS I know a lot of people will say 'sod it, you can feed anywhere' but not everyone is comfortable doing that, especially in the early days.

Thats a great idea! I feed in public sometimes but other times im not feeling as confident. Thanks for the tip girly x

I went in to try things on and if she needed feeding I'd just do it while I was in there. They didnt mind :)

Ooh good plan! I never knew about the Mothercare room until last week either!

Might have to try this, Olivia is a nightmare to feed in public at the mo xx Thanks hun

Great tip thanks - I'm planning on doing my first public BF (hopefully) this weekend in town butif I chicken out I'll do this instead xxx

Great idea thank you so much. I never thought of that and don't fancy the idea of places such as a disabled toilet or cafe, I can't say sod it I'm too shy. Maybe I'll change. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->